LFS,,,Horrible customer service lately?

Marksbucs

Recently, I've had 3 bad visits to LFS in south Tampa......Should I have to beg the LFS to take hard earned CASH, just to buy something from them. After 15 minutes and even my wife saying come on lets go they don't want our money?
I can understand if your busy or understaffed? But your sitting behind a counter and you cant even say "Hello" "Let me know if I can help you", Not a Freaking word? NOTHING? I live in Apollo beach so I have to drive to find a store.....I haven't ever had that problem at FAOIS, but long drive for me? But 3 times at 2 different stores. What happened to customer service, these stores hire younger adults and they just act like being nice or helping someone is a problem instead of part of their job.....I've starting ordering a lot of things through Amazon because these stores just don't have any customer friendly people anymore......when the owners are there actually working the store, things go great.....when their not an they have people that are on their cell phones, their friends are hanging out with them, they don't even try to help you? I'm so disgusted....I don't usually post....I love to read and get info from this forum, but had to see if anyone else has had these problems lately? and this has happened to me twice in the last 3 weeks and 3 times in the last month? Sorry to ramble but very frustrated with the South Tampa LFStores.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I've had my share of stores that do this crap too. Honestly, things will not get better unless we formally complaint. Some of us are of the mentality that if you don't give them your business, they will notice and try to do better, but that is 90% false, as owners rarely hear about these stories.

Is strongly suggest you find their management email online and send them a nice email. I know I did and the owner thanked me, fired the guy in charge that day and even offered me a personal tour of his facility and a discount on my next purchase.

Not saying this will be the case with you, but at least you give the owner a chance to do better and maybe earn your business.

Thanks for your responses, I will take the time to see If can find out who the owners are and try and talk or email them about my concerns. I used to enjoy the personal attention these stores would give you when they first started out years and years ago. I do know the owner of the one store and did voice my concern as others walked out of the store that same day a month ago but the same guy still works there and same issue today? Don't want anyone to lose their job, but my boss would surely fire me if I treated our customers in this manner! Cant wait till the Frag swap, always get great customer service there, LOL. Thanks again

the "new" store in Palm harbor has some kid working the counter never once got off the phone or stop talking to random folks over nothing to see if I needed assistance. Other time I said hey man let me get a fire fish and still had to wait 15 minutes for him to stop talking to anyone that would listen. Very disappointed and may not ever go back there again until customer service is top priority

Clearwater reefer is that the store near Alderman and Us 19 in palm harbor? I was wondering if that place was even open. I think it changed hands or something.
And to the original poster, I've been "turned off" blown off by horrible customer service at not only a Lfs but many different stores of differing interests. It's unfortunately the way things are going nowadays and This generation seems to embrace it. I hope people teach them otherwise.

The store on us19 and alderman is discover aquatics (old ocean lifers). I've there once since they reopened as the new store, the kid working at the time seemed very helpful but there wasn't anyone else in the store so who knows.

I have to completely agree with you on your post!! Over the past couple of years I have noticed that customer service in almost all stores has gone down hill. It infuriates me when I get poor service and it unusually results in me making smart a$$ remarks to the employee followed by my wife dragging me out of the store before I really get upset. I think it bothers me so badly because as a manager I have to kiss customers butts and apologize for the smallest things to ensure the customer leaves happy, then I have something completely unacceptable happen and even the manager acts like they could care less. For me personally customer service is more lmportant that than cheaper prices. I will shop at Publix and pay more all day before I step foot in a Walmart for just that reason. Ok that's enough, I'm getting worked up just thinking about bad service. I will say I only shop at a few stores now and they all go above and beyond to take care of me.

Clearwater reefer is that the store near Alderman and Us 19 in palm harbor? I was wondering if that place was even open. I think it changed hands or something.
And to the original poster, I've been "turned off" blown off by horrible customer service at not only a Lfs but many different stores of differing interests. It's unfortunately the way things are going nowadays and This generation seems to embrace it. I hope people teach them otherwise.
yeah that's the one. And granted there is only one person working but dam let's get to bagging and taking my money rather then yap all day with someone who isn't making a purchase.

I go that way frequently and i havent had an issue with the young folks at all. Sometimes theyve been busy and i had to wait a bit but was helped out when it came time for my turn.

Housto has me spoiled the two I go to, the owners/staff are always at the tanks. Cleaning, inspecting, and talking to customers about their tanks, their fish, and corals.
These stores have it all

Back