Lfs in so cal

It's actually Lakewood! Long Beach is the other side of Carson.

6903 Carson St. Lakewood, CA 90713

how are the livestock and coral selection at your LFS during covid?

how are the livestock and coral selection at your LFS during covid?

The LFSs near me are very limited to what they have.
and i am hearing it is hard to get anything from wholesalers during these times.
are you all experiencing the same?

I was at Harry's a couple of weeks ago. They have everything from octopi, sharks, rays, corals, and fish. They always have new stuff coming in. Prices are fair as well.

Everything I have gotten from there is doing well which is not always the case from others.

I try not to go there too much because it hurts my bank account. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations for a store in Palm Springs, Monrovia, or riverside or further away. I have a job by salted sea and I'm driving from OC to the southern end of salted sea. I'm looking for someplace I could stop on the way back and visit a new store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Factory us, Placentia

Reef Factory us, Placentia

REEF FACTORY

1824 N Placentia Ave, Placentia, CA 92870

Getting back into the Hobby, I can barely remember going to Rainbow Pet and Vivid Aquariums and I can’t remember any other saltwater stores, what are some good ones to check out?

Anybody have a list of lfs in the OC and Socal area? Or at least the good ones you go to. lol
Been out of the hobby for 5 yrs and looking to get back in.

Tongs in Fountain Valley
Seaside tropical fish in Huntington
Ellis aquatics in Compton
Harry’s marine life in Gardena
Cali kid in Whittier

srs business... we should keep this thread on topic... that way someone could just look for a name, or link and let them know if it is worth making the trip or not... so if you aren't going to contribute to the thread, don't even post... go try to be funny in another thread...

these are just stores that i've been too and my opinions about them...

okay... lets see...

age of aquarium in long beach is great place, awesome knowledgeable staff, tons of dry goods, huge selection in quality equipment, custom tanks, emergency 24hr service, installations, mobile service, great selection of corals and high quality fish...

reef hot spot in inglewood is another one of my favorites... they have a great selection of coral frags, some stuff is reasonably priced, some are well, priced at the going shop price... they don't have much fish, but dude... they have all kinds of frags of everything... worth checking out, but it's hidden, and they don't have a gigantor sign like normal LFS...

oc aquatic in huntington beach, has great selection of fish, and especially corals... lots of LE pieces and the staff there is willing to trade with you... great place for dry goods and equipment as well...

tongs in fountain valley... way better than the tong's in whittier... DO NOT GO TO THE TONG'S IN WHITTIER!... anyways... the tong's in fountain valley has everything... tons of frags, nice colonies, i've never got a fish from there... i've heard horror stories about buying fish from there... but you can find some good stuff in that shop...

amazing aquariums and reefs in the city of orange; AKA Ali's... great place... super clean, ali is smart, setups are clean, every tank in there is a dream tank (lol), tons of eye candy, good prices, and very rare corals/fish... check him out, he's worth the drive...

carson tropical fish in hawaiian gardens, is one of my favorite spots... great deals on corals, great prices on fish, he also has used equipment... so if you need like an emergency tank, or pump, whatever... good selection on SPS, LPS and softies... if you like a coral colony he has, he will frag it for you...

bell bird farm in bell, is the closest LFS to me.... also my favorite... incredible price on live stock... everything... from fish, birds, reptiles, coral, whatever... this guy beats anyone... everything is healthy too... but... don't go in there expecting a huge store with frag tanks and displays... he's a small shop... he only has one tank with corals... but sometimes you'll find some gems in there... like colonies of acans, aussie LPS, polyp colonies and other good stuff... he does have some SPS sometimes, but they get picked up fast...

i'll do more later, or keep it going...
In response to your selections of tropical stores, I beg you all to never step foot in Tongs. They sold my husband a fox face badger that had Velvet. That fish wiped out my whole tank. Horrible-ist week of my life watching my beautiful tangs and angel fish let alone my coral succumb to horrible deaths. It has horrific. They took that fish, dipped it and placed it back for sale. Sledge hammer, if only I had one ......I would have used it. Gone in, check on their animals and it is still dank, nasty and unhealthy. Amazed at how people can possibly think tanks, fish, coral are suppose to live in that environment. Heck no!!!! Don't do it. No matter what. You will regret it.

Back