Light for carpet anemone

yanagisawa

Please help.

My tank has gigantea and haddoni. The haddoni are getting bleahed while the gigantea are not. The tank's dimension is 60x60x36cm and under illuminaiton of 70w of full spectrum LED light (with 60 degree lens). The light is claimed to provide PPFD more than 400 umol/m2/s. I have no PAR meter on hand.

I am curios that whether the illumination is enough to feed the carpet. If it is not, would adding a Kessil 150 or 360 help them? Or I am thinking of getting a "Seneye Reef" to measure the PAR reading so that I can have evidence to make decision?

Thank you!

need more info, depth, tank size, lighting brand. haddonies can take a lot of light. how long in your care.

Under high light the anemone maybe lighter in color and more colorful. That does not mean that he is bleached. Can you post a picture? It is not easy to over light a carpet anemone, Gigantea or Haddoni.

He is near bleached now.
2s0ekxg.jpg

Under high light the anemone maybe lighter in color and more colorful. That does not mean that he is bleached. Can you post a picture? It is not easy to over light a carpet anemone, Gigantea or Haddoni.

Thank you Minh.

I am afraid of losing this beautiful red Haddoni so I would like take action before it is too late. Do you think adding more light will help?

I think all three are Haddoni. The red one is bleached while the blue is not. Is there a Gigantea with the Percula at the LLcorner of the last picture?

Looking at the light. I think the light elements are all separate by wide space on your light. If the light is not high enough, the Red one may have a very different light spectrum and intensity on it than the other anemones. This may be is the problem. If this is not, I am not sure why else it can be that one is having problem and the other does not.
You have the anemones in containers, I just move the Red on to a different spot. You got to feed him every 3rd days now that he is bleached. You may consider doing a zooxanthelae transplant if you anemone is bleach for a long period of time and does not recover. Basically you feed him with food that have a few tentacles of another non bleached anemone.

My LED, the Radions, have all the LED elements in two small clusters. This, IMO, is a big advantage over your LED because the light give uniform light spectrum and intensity to all area. Perhaps not uniform in intensity but easily predictable intensity decreases as the distance from the light cluster increases

Back