Lighting for 29 gallon tank

What do you plan on keeping?
For the most part the Current lights are good for shallower tanks/less light demanding corals.. The LEDs they use just don't have the power to penetrate deep,etc...

Black box LEDs use more powerful LEDs and can accommodate SPS high light corals and penetrate much further..

There is also the whole mounting situation.. Black box leds are typically hung (there are some with mounting legs now though) or you need to create some mounting method vs hanging kits (which are ugly IMO)

I plan on lps dominate tank. I love sps but I don't want to mess with them this time. So frogspawn and hammer. Few acans, chalice and zoos.

I was looking at this light more and the normal light, not the dual is only suggested for softies.

I already have an ATI, 4 bulb t5 fixture, would I be better off just using this?

I was looking at this light more and the normal light, not the dual is only suggested for softies.

I already have an ATI, 4 bulb t5 fixture, would I be better off just using this?

I'd absolutely stick with the ATI. That's one of the best fixtures money can buy and it won't limit you in terms of what kind of coral you can keep.

Back