OT- Recommendation for Modular Garage Floor Tile

BeanMachine

Thought I'd ask here, I have a painted on epoxy floor that is coming up really bad in places. Rather than remove it all, including all my shelving and cabinets etc to redo the epoxy, I think I want to try some garage floor tiles.

Something like the RaceDeck Modular Garage Floor Tiles, like these-

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753VWZ1..._be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_title#productDetails

Anyone have experience with these? Or would recommend something different?

Thanks!

I have SwissTrax in my garage and I like them!
The garage looks very clean for the most part because the dirt falls under the tiles LOL.
I just wipe the surface from time to time and if I ever needed to, the tiles lift up pretty easily.

They’re easily cut with a saw. Pretty easy install. Just takes some time to plan out especially if you’re doing a pattern with multiple colors.

They do bend a little if you’re jacking up a car but still hold up really well. Haven’t had any problems.

Cody,
I did the painted epoxy in my garage about 20 years ago. It was a DYI project for me. Some places it stuck and others it peeled off. If i did this ever again I would pay the pros to do it as it is all about a clean service and the epoxy must stick to it. I think if you stuck self sticking floor tiles to it the same results would happen it would peel up in spot.
The Race deck stuff looks nice but it will benefit you in a padding to walk on it may be harder to clean when dirt gets in all of the cracks and stuff. Its a give or take on which way you may want to go.

I have a customer who will do a real industrial epoxy floor (will last your lifetime) for a $3k donation to his favorite charity. It’s a smoking deal.

Used these ones from Costco, probably similar to what you are looking at- very happy with them.
ea4feeff71dd435a0d2da6157ee2ae50.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Yeah not looking to spend a lot on this, so the tiles will do just fine. I paid $900 to do the garage about 5 years ago. A get what you pay for type of situation. But I don't think this will be our forever home so just going to deal with the tiles for a while and not spend that much dinero.

Thanks Nate, those will work for me and the price is great. I'll order a couple boxes and be done with it.

Back