Lighting help

Spearfisher88

I am upgrading to a new 66 gallon SC Aquarium and need some advice on what lights to use. I am looking for a middle of the road price range. The tank dimensions are 32"L X 24"W X 20"H. I will have coral and fish in the tank.
thanks for any information.

I am looking to stick with LED. I am good with spending a couple hundred dollars (just not like Eco Tech 650 per light). I just want to make sure that I get enough light to cover the entire tank and enough colors to make the corals happy and grow.

I did look at those and liked them. My only concern was that they did not have any purples in the lights. I am pretty new to the hobby and some people have told me that i want a broader variety of light colors. Will these lights allow my corals to grow and flourish in the tank?

Last question would be that with my tank dimensions would two of these be enough or would I need three lights?
Thanks for the help!

I get good spread with one unit my tank is 24" long. So far my SPS seem to love the lighting, good growth but my tank is fairly new. There are plenty of others using these with very successful tanks, one locally is bangai64, plus many others across RC

The ReefBreeders Photon 24" would be enough light, you really don't need the light fixture to be the whole length of the tank. It's also going to depend on what type of coral you want to keep and your aquascape. Even with the 24" light you'd be able to keep just about anything in the middle and still even lower light corals on the outer edges of the tank.

Thanks everyone for the help. My LFS just hooked me up with a great deal on a EcoRay 112dx light very lightly used for a killer price.

Back