Lighting sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

solitude127

Proud user of IO Salt!
Up for sale are a few light fixtures. Pick up in Torrance (no shipping)

1) Old school Maristar 2 Fixture 4' (2 x250w DE with 4 T5) This fixutre was purchased years ago and and has a total of maybe 5 hours on it. During those 5 hours, I found out the internal timers do not work. Also included is a Galaxy Dual 250w ballast.
Price = $125

2) ATI Powermodule 8x54w (T5 only) with ReefBrite XHO Strip(blue). This fixture is a workhorse and provides tried and trued spectrum for your corals. The fixture was rebuilt by ClearChoice (distributor of ATI) about 2 years ago. Ballast, reflectors and fans were all replace essentially making this a new fixture. Bulbs have about 10 months on them. The ReefBrite power supply was also replaced about 6 months ago. This does not include a hanging kit.
Price = $475

3) ATI SunPower 8x54w. This fixture was purchased as a backup while my Powermodule was being rebuilt. One thing about this fixture is that you'll hear a buzzing noise from a ballast intermittently. I'm sure it's just a loose screw on the ballast but I never took the time to open up the fixture. Bulbs in this fixture are about 6 months old. Ever since I got my Powermodule back, this fixture has been sitting in the rafters of my garage. This does include an uncut hanging kit.
Price = $275

One thing to note about ATI T5 ballast is that they'll trip your GFCI if not using the proper one. I've contacted ATI North America and they had this to say

1. Fixture trips the GFI outlet. As a general rule we do not recommend using a GFI (also known as GFCI) outlet as the T5 ballasts we use are UL Certified and feature a built-in protection circuit that will turn the ballast off in case of electrical arcing or lamp failure. This built-in protection circuit makes the use of a GFI unnecessary. If you would still like to use a GFI, please make sure it is capable of handling the load required and has a trigger point that is greater than 1.0 milliamp.
2. Fixture trips the circuit breaker or fuse. Most residential circuits can only handle an electrical load of 15 amps each, so please make sure you are not overloading the circuit with your lights and other aquarium equipment. (The bigger the aquarium / fixture, the more power it typically requires.) Please also keep in mind that multiple outlets in the same area typically share the same circuit so you may also need to account for the other equipment plugged into outlets nearby.

Maristar 2

2549be9e8a2b9483f44d35934eb39159.jpg

SunPower
3db2e99b97d85ad08b29d1a8eba3b475.jpg

Hey, what is the issue with the LEDs on the powermodule? Can they be fixed? I'm thinking about swapping my 36" for a 48" model.

thanks

That's the original power module there.
[MENTION=128554]solitude127[/MENTION], you thinking of selling the tank too?

Last edited:
Hey, what is the issue with the LEDs on the powermodule? Can they be fixed? I'm thinking about swapping my 36" for a 48" model.

thanks

No issues. I don't believe I stated there to be an issue. If I did please let me know

No issues. I don't believe I stated there to be an issue. If I did please let me know

Gotcha...I didn't know the OG powermodules didn't have led strips built into the fixture. I wasn't referring to the reef brites. Thanks Matt for the clarification.

Gotcha...I didn't know the OG powermodules didn't have led strips built into the fixture. I wasn't referring to the reef brites. Thanks Matt for the clarification.
No problem, let me know if you have any more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back