Lionfish - natural marking/spot or ich?

Koukasen

I'm currently housing 3 lions in my 90 gal (all about 4-5 inches). I've noticed lately that they had these small white spots on them. I read about Ich and it was described to be smaller than what I had imagined.
I gave all 3 lions a 5 minute FW dip to see if the dots would fall off, but nothing fell. I've also treated the whole tank with API super ick cure, as bad as that sounds. I don't have a QT unfortunately and thought that if it's in the tank, I should treat the whole thing. There's also a Scopas tang about 2-3 inches in the tank along with some 3-4 1 inch feeder damsels blue/yellow tail in there. The lions have an appetite still when I put ghost shrimp in there, as the damsels might be a tad bit big for their mouths (maybe?).

Going off the marine kit I bought pH is about 8.2/3, Ammonia 0-0.25, NO2 0-0.25 and NO3 0-5 so my levels don't seem too... bad? Water temp is generally around 78, but during the treatment I increased the temp to 81. I waited the appropriate days and +1 before changing water and adding filter back in. Afterwards I saw a new white marking on my darker lion, the blotch near his gills.

Are the smaller markings natural, but the bigger one near the gill ich? I'm just lost at what to do now.

MCkXDvN.jpg

dCui9iL.jpg

The white dots are also on the dorsal fins, but they seem pretty uniform and not messy/unorganized.

When did you first notice the white spots? Are they on all 3 of the lions, or just the one? Do the spots go away every couple of days just to return with more spots? Are the spots cauliflower like?

I’ve had all of the lions for about 1-2 months now, the one in the picture being the newest. I noticed the spots about a week ago on all of them and they’re not cauliflower like. They’re not as prevalent on the other 2, only here and there, as if design. I treated them over 5 days, applying dosage for 48hr, repeating, then waiting an additional day before doing a water change and adding the filter back in. None of the spots really changed or had fallen off. The only thing new that I noticed was that bigger spot in the second picture near the gill.

Looks like those are normal markings:

gallery_xlarge.jpg

It's definitely not ich, the spots are way too large for that.

Back