Lionfish sting treatment

i always use a net, but i use the one with the white netting, it's really fine and ment so that fish don't get stuck in it. I haven't had any problems and i have neted him quite a few times. I probally would net a volitan or other bigger lions though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6942463#post6942463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cutiewitbooty
i always use a net, but i use the one with the white netting, it's really fine and ment so that fish don't get stuck in it. I haven't had any problems and i have neted him quite a few times. I probally would net a volitan or other bigger lions though.

I'd be really careful with that, even with the fine mesh nets. I've seen lions get stuck in those and really damage their fins. I think it's still better to use a specimen container. When I had a lion in our old tank I just had piece of eggcrate that I had made into a tank divider. I would put it in and work on whichever side the lion wasn't on, then I would pull it out and chase him back to the other side.

Dave

I always have my wife keep her eye on him when I'm working in my tank. I've never been stug, thank god.But if I was and the light didn't work what should I do?

Back