little critters..

jonathansruelas

Ok so I been cycling for 2 weeks , I still don't see much live animals in the rocks or sand.. I only see a couple bristle stars. What can I do to make sure the copepods and all those critters multiply enough so when I get my fish they can have enough of them to eat? Any products I can buy?

Give it time, it will happen. 2 weeks is most definatly not long enough. You will be looking at several months if you let the tank cycle through everything that it needs to do without buying products to make it happen now.

Many of the little critters will be so small that you may not see them. And depending on what kind of fish you plan to put in, many of them won't eat the little guys anyway. But countrykat is right, 2 weeks is at least 2 or 3 months short of having a thriving eco system. I can look in my refugium and hardly see any pods. But when I pull some Chaeto out and put it in a 1 gallon ziplock bag, I can see lots of them, many just tiny specs. Just don't rush things.

Ok then I was just wondering bc once my tank cycles I wanted the coral beauty to be the 1st fish so I wanted to make sure there was enough pods for him to graze on .. I don't think I'm going to buy any packs of pods just let it happen with time

Back