Votes: 2 2.7%
  • LiveAquaria.com

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • LFS

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Other

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
my lfs rock is amazing. it is also loaded with mushrooms. but, it has bubble algae but very little and also has a lot of macroalgae.

I bought from the another reefer through the LFS. Great rock from an established 5-year old tank. I added live rock from premium acquatics along the way and their quality was good.

Most of my rock came in the first used tank I bought about 100lbs of. Since then I have bought about 50 lbs more from LFS.

Live Rock is for cavemen.

Buy like 10lbs of LR, and get a whole lot of dry rock. Much cheaper, no nasty hitchers. You wont be able to tell the difference in 6 months.

I prefer to purchase select pieces and/or small quantity's of L.R. from multiple sources ensuring a greater selection of bio-diversity!

P.S. ... I like hitch hiker's ~ like a box of chocolate's... you never know what your gonna get!

I got 90 lbs from LiveAquaria (Fiji Premium) and 10 lbs from LFS.

The LiveAquaria rock was not too bad for cost and shipping. I have pictures of most pieces as I unpacked them in my tank thread.

Got my 90 lbs from Hirocks.com...RIP, 5 lbs from a LFS, can't tell the difference any more.

They had great rock while they were around though...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9281256#post9281256 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
Live Rock is for cavemen.

Buy like 10lbs of LR, and get a whole lot of dry rock. Much cheaper, no nasty hitchers. You wont be able to tell the difference in 6 months.
+1... My next project will entail about 600 lbs of base rock, added to the 350 lbs I have. I'll add a box of about 40 lbs of live rock on sale somewhere and let mother nature do her thing for a fraction of the cost of ordering live rock:D

Back