Live sand swap

BuyThisRock

I am interested in doing a live sand swap. 1-2 cups whatever ,
currenttly have sand from same pet stores we alll go to and I have bought a few pounds from garf. org over the past 5 years

A good way to do this is to get a couple cups from everyone, mix it all together, let it set for a month or so then pass it out.

maybe combine this with the NORA frag tank :thumbsup: when you bring your frag, bring 2 cups of sand-- are you going to run a sump??

make sure you trust the tank it comes from though, a sand swap can easily be a parasite, HA, cirilinoid, nudibranch, etc. swap.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6835644#post6835644 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Spuds725
maybe combine this with the NORA frag tank :thumbsup: when you bring your frag, bring 2 cups of sand-- are you going to run a sump??

Right now I plan on having it hooked into my 75g system. I do not have nor do I want sand in my sump or even have unknown sand in any part of my tank. I just do not want to take the chance of introducing anything bad into my system. That is why I recommend letting the sand sit for a month or so before passing it out. I also do not want something else that I will need to take care of (heat, powerhead, topoffs ect). As of now I have to take care of two tanks plus 100lbs + of LR I have in a tub. I will also more then likely be setting up another tank so the wife can have the FOWLR tank that she has been wanting (something I REALLY don't want to do).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6836107#post6836107 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Right now I plan on having it hooked into my 75g system. I do not have nor do I want sand in my sump or even have unknown sand in any part of my tank. I just do not want to take the chance of introducing anything bad into my system. That is why I recommend letting the sand sit for a month or so before passing it out.

Point taken... I think Jen suggested this a while back too...here or on TRAC..

Reefmonkey.com does a huge sand swap. I plan to participate. We can all grab some of our sand and combine shipping :)

Jen

Back