local electricians?

oceana

In Memoriam
I was just wondering if there are any CERTIFIED local electricians that might be willing to trade their services for coral.

anyone interested, please PM me and I can go over the details.

THANK YOU

I am not certified but I do know a lot electric-based topics because I studied a lot in school about this stuff. What you need done?

i need to run a dedicated line and fuse to the fish room. i dont doubt i could do it but IMO when dealing with a power line that comes from the pole i decided its best left up to the pros. my wife does not like her husban cooked "well done" lol

I did it on a fish room at my last house. It really is no problem, pop in 2 breakers, screw the white, red and black wires to the correct place in the breaker boxes, and in the plug boxes in the fish room, and drop and run the wires where they need to go. But after I did it, people said" If you have a fire, they will see that and know it wasn't done by an electrician and the insurance company might not cover it." Well I dont know if thats true, but it could be. It would be safest to get a certified electrician- especially when you have salt water and electrity, and all the amperage needed to power all the stuff.

red wire for a home panel? wire is wire and will work. did you use it for ground or something? hopefully it is grounded .
should be black,white and ground. 110 or 220 single phase normally uses the same colors at home. 3 phase is another story.
keith do you know if you have room in the panel for an extra breaker or 2? do you need to run 110 or 220? if I was you I would run 220v for your halide ballasts and anything else you have that you can run 220v. you still have the cap and coil ballasts right not electronic? if so it is easy to rewire. they will run cooler and cost you a slight bit less to run.
if your scared you will get shocked it's possible that you will.

no i dont have room. i will need a entire new box just for the fish room. i may run the 220 for the halids because i still use the multi tap ballast.

so you need a sub panel. ok I do know a guy that is a certified electrician but he doesn't work for coral. only cash. but he is pretty cheap.

depending on price i may be willing to pay someone. otherwise i will be attempting it on my own. i would just have the power shut off to avoid any real risk

i have no idea what so ever. i have not thought about any farther then (i need one). then i posted. as i look into i'm sure i'll figure that out

Back