Local School Project

ReefF3ver

I am working on building a system for a school. I did not see anything about posting for donation, are we authorized to post about the project?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I've seen donation threads for school projects on here before with no problems... I think You're alright.

Give us some more information. What size tank are you looking for? What exactly is the project? what school is it for?

Thank you, I did not want to give out the info if we did not have permission.

School: Gilbert Early College
Marine Biology class

Backstory/Promotion
The marine biology class makes a 10 day trip down to Jamaca and do parameter tests, quantity and quality of life, and other marine based sciences. My daughter's favorite part was bioluminescent bay. They also take shoes, clothes, and hygiene supplies for a local orphanage.

The teacher and I were talking about the hobbie and decided to put a tank together. Currently the setup is a 75 gal macro lagoon next to a 125 gal mix reef with a 30 gal sump. Most of the equipment has been covered but a few odds and ends are still needed.

Substrate
Live/Dry rock
Return pumps
Wave Makers
Return nozzles
Skimmer
Heaters

We are finishing the drain plumbing and most of the return this week. My plan is to start the 75 with the sump and allow it to filter and cycle till December when I am hoping to get the mixed reef tank started.
I was not planning on any coral until mid January early February. The students are very excited. They will be doing daily water parameter tests and documenting coral growth. If you have anything you would like to donate send me a PM. Also if you would like to donate goods or money to the school for the jamaca trip I can give you all the info. Donations are eligible for an Arizona tax deduction of $400 for couples and $200 for single filers.
bbe391a5c93c048dc5ddc6d167e9d1e9.jpg
4436c3e713795209f376842ebacfb778.jpg

During summer break and winter break I will be stopping by to take care of the tank.

The clowns would be a great addition. The system will not be cycled until January if that is ok. I can send you a PM when the system is ready.

ReefRocks and CaribSea have both donated to our junior high marine science club (150g reef). It might be worth a shot to send them an e-mail or give them a call to see if they might be able to help with substrate/rocks.

I’ve got some dry rock from a tank that was torn down years ago. Not sure if it’ll be enough but you’re welcome to it. I think it’s mostly figi, medium and smaller. Will IM pics if you are interested.

Tank and Stand

Tank and Stand

I don't know if you are interested but I have 30gal Vitera drilled tank, 15gal sump and stand, comes with MP10 Vortech pump, return pump, heater, programmable LED lights. I have it listed on here. I don't know if you'd want to buy it and donate it yourself. It is $600.

Back