Local white hermits reef safe?

I have had them in my tanks before and never had an issue, they did do a pretty God job on cleaning. I plan on collecting some here soon.

I had them before as well. They are pretty dominant IMO I had blue leg and scarlet hermits in my tank when I added the white ones. The white ones wiped out all my blue leg and scarlet hermits. I think once I added the white ones there was more fighting between the hermits than cleaning was being done

Are you talking about shells or legs? The large white/striped leg hermits are predatory. A couple species occupy small white shells that are dominant in the area. Blue legged crabs are a blessing; dark red legged ones are OK but will consume other crabs and snails. Find blue legs if you can. Bring a frisbee - put minimal water in it and wait for the crabs to emerge and show their species.

Are you talking about shells or legs? The large white/striped leg hermits are predatory. A couple species occupy small white shells that are dominant in the area. Blue legged crabs are a blessing; dark red legged ones are OK but will consume other crabs and snails. Find blue legs if you can. Bring a frisbee - put minimal water in it and wait for the crabs to emerge and show their species.

Do you bait the frisby? interesting :thumbsup:

Do you bait the frisby? interesting :thumbsup:

No - thats for sorting. In the wild, you can make sure of what pops out of the shell; in the shop, you can put them all at one end to pick live ones that crawl to the other end while you do something else besides wait...

No - thats for sorting. In the wild, you can make sure of what pops out of the shell; in the shop, you can put them all at one end to pick live ones that crawl to the other end while you do something else besides wait...

Where do you locally find anything other than white legs. I am yet to see any blue legs but would like to collect some

Back