Look what I found!!!

Joypaws83

I went to Premium Aquatics today and bought a small Pocillopora frag. When I took the rock out to mount the frag this little guy crawled out! I've heard him in there clicking every now and then but could never find him. I would have never thought the one rock I took out to place the frag on he would be in....

Hes barely an inch long...

You're gonna have to ask a mantis expert on that one... I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to call the People for the Ethical Treatment of Mantis Shrimp on ya :lol:

Cool find!
Kevin

They're pretty easy to take care of, and very fascinating to watch! At least you got him out.

cool

cool

Sent you a PM ....if you want a good home for him, let me know....... I think that they are the coolest little guys I have seen in awhile.

Leo ( mantis collector :D )

hackster1-Thanks for the offer, but I've decided to keep him. Anyone know what kind he is or do I need a better pic? Will he keep that bright green color?

Hey Joy,

I posted asking about mantis suggested reading and someone posted this:

http://www.blueboard.com/mantis/

Maybe that will answer some of your questions. I got a mantis just like that in a piece of florida aquacultured rock before but he didn't make it :(

Kevin

Thanks for the link Kevin

At least if the mantis doesn't make it, I can turn his tank into a nice little nano :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back