Looking for an ID, please help.

faith04

Hi everybody! So I'll keep this long story short, I went to my lfs for more test kits, and came home with an anemone as well. I was told it was a long tentacle anemone but I'm having some serious doubts now that I have it home. I took some pics and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432060792.915435.jpg, that's the underside/foot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432060830.248117.jpgand that's a top view.

Looking at other pics of LTA online it doesn't look the same as this, it was my intention to buy something for my clowns. ( ok who am I kidding here, I bought it for me, the bonus would be the clowns in it)

Hopefully I can get some input and direction here, maybe it is a LTA? I'd not what did I get myself into?

That does look like an LTA. It may have short tentacles now, but once adjusted and well fed, it should start getting longer tentacles. LTA's prefer to live with it's foot buried in the sand and medium water flow above its tentacles. The one you have seem to have good coloration (doesn't look bleached) so that's a good sign!

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I got something that would be too far beyond my experience. Much appreciated, what threw me was the nubs on the bottom side.

Back