looking for midnight clowns

motortrendz

well if any of our friendly vendors have them and would like to bring a pair for me tomorow that would be great...

nothing like last minute!

well doc, as you know i got my midnight clowns after the meeting on sunday.. they looked great and seemed very healthy.. once introduced into my system(im like you doc, no qt just into the tank they go, but no more!!) the very nxt day they were covered and i mean covered in ICH, i set up a qt tank and with your sugjestion i went hypo salinity(1.009) dropped them in and within minutes alot of the cysts were popping off(litterally popping)

i added 2 trpes of treatments to the tank, one was instant ocean lifeguard, which is a broad spectrum, non antibiotic agent that attacs desease-causing micro organisms. second was a Microbe lift, reef safe, additive called THERA-P, for reducing stress, increasing disolved 02 levels and suporting the imune system.

after just 12 hours they looked 100% better, they had light spots where the cysts were and were staying close to each other in the corner, obviously a little stressed but ok.. at the 24hr mark there spots were gone and hey were swimming on their own eating tike the pigs they are.. so between our ich conversation at the meet, doc harrys advice and my little concoction i have very healthy midnight clowns..

they will stay in the qt for another 4 weeks before being added to the main system, where im sure they will make them selves right at home..

i will pist some pics of them soon, i wish i took pictures of the process, i was extreemly impressed with the rate of progress.. and this may sound wrong but im waiting for a tank with ich to see if the treatment works as well on a fish as sensitive as them..

Back