looking for opinions on feedingbnew bird's nest

generally speaking i don't worry about feeding SPS.

i will occasionally spot feed LPS, but mostly i let them rely on light on extra food that the fish didn't eat, plus fish poop for their nutrition.

Hermits are fine as long as they are reef safe. You do not have to necessarily feed the birds nest, but it needs food. You have to have low levels of nitrates and phosphates. Based on the shiny new rocks, I'm guessing this is a new set up. SPS generally do better in an established aquarium. Not saying you can't keep it, but don't get to discouraged if you lose it. Looks kind of bleached and there is no polyp extension. If you just put it in, then that may explain lack of PE.

On a side note that green star polyp will take over everything in no time. Best bet with it is to keep it on it's own isolated island where it can't spread to other rocks. I know it doesn't seem like that is a problem and you would welcome it to grow as much as possible. But it will eventually take over every rock it touches. Same goes for mushrooms and most Palys.

The set up is 3 months old more or less. The rock looks white cause I turned it around. Gotta get myself more rocks to have more options on coral placrment .

Back