Loud Music & Reefs

I am also a dj :) My husband and I play electronic music in what was the dining room, which opens into the front living room. Our 75 gallon tank is in the front room and the fish are fine! We have 4 speakers, 2 facing the fish tank which are only about 10-12 feet away. We've had long nights with loud music, no problem!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9707711#post9707711 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ninong
Yeah, but what are they trying to tell you?

:D

They're saying! You can do it! That's it!! Keep running!!! :)

My angel fish is very nosey. He'll come up to me when I go near the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9640778#post9640778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by J. Montgomery
I would imagine that the most important thing to consider is the type of music. Electronica, country, pop, and rap music show definite adverse effects on my tank inhabintants. Some good blues and jazz seems to cause all of my corals to open up more fully :)

On a more serious note, if you haven't noticed a problem then its probably ok. The pumps located inside the tank, skimmer, sump, etc. . . are most likely louder to the fish than any music coming from the outside.

But maybe I should hook up my 1000W bass amp to my 18" subwoofer and jam out on some Primus to see what happens.

haha, amen to the blues and jazz!

Thanks for all the good information everybody, i have our band room set up in the same room as the aquarium so i was wondering about this as well.

Back