Love/Hate for Nudibranchs :)

CuzzA

I don't have any nudibranchs in my systems for obvious reasons, if I find one on a newly aquired zoa frag I'm quick to dispatch them, but I do find them incredibly exotic, unusual and quite attractive creatures. Since I started diving, I've been making friends in the sport and also participating in scuba forums.

I found this excellent thread on ScubaBoard and since we see a lot of posts about "ID this" and the typical answer being a not so specific reply, "nudibranch", I thought I would share it here. Many of the contributors have posted excellent macro pictures and included the scientific name along with geographic location.

Anyway, I thought it might be a good thing to bookmark in your web browser for future reference or if nothing else just to see some incredibly unusual creatures that remind me more of alien life than marine life.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/marine-life-and-ecosystems/467232-nudibranch-lovers.html

I think nudibranch's are absolutely beautiful, I just don't wan them in my tank as I don't trust them :D

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Back