LumenMax 3 vs LumenBright Mini over my tank

James77

Team RC
I just finally got one of my LumenBrights I got off karsseboom up on my tank. It took longer since I ordered heavy gauge 25 foot extensions from Sunlight Supply so I could run these from my basement far away.

Wow....Just in appearance alone, the LumenBright stomps on the LumenMax 3. I am running a Phoenix bulb on the right with a LM3 reflector. Bulb is about 6-7 months old and both these reflectors are about 12-13" off the tank( to the bottom of reflector). On the left is a brand new Radium bulb in a LumenBright Mini. Both are being run on the same dual Blue Wave 7 M80 ballast. Not sure how much the Iphone pic/vid pick it up, but the LumenBright is mcuh brighter and has a lot more shimmer to it. Forgive the barren tank....its in the process of going to full out SPS. I broke it down and celaned it 100% with some new and cleaned old rock. Its been set up as is for about a month and a half with only a tang and dwarf angel in there. Corals are being added in about a month or 2.

Here is a pic showing the 2 of them. LB/Radium left, Phoenix in LM3 right.
5B8A1FCB-8D0E-479B-95B6-5132A8842247-5575-0000089E7B69D817.jpg

Short vid trying to capture the extra shimmer of the LB:
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid24.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc43%2FJamesPruefer%2FB3C137F7-A9B3-49F2-A4FB-1EAAF3F03C1D-5575-0000089E959DA17C.mp4">

Pretty cool ain't it. I changed bulbs and cleaned my mini a couple weeks ago. If I didn't have sand, I could grow SPS on the floor!!!!

Ha! Yeah these are bright as anything. The differene between the two is similar to the difference from when I switched from spider like(actually far worse) reflectors to LumenArcs about 7 years ago. The LumenMax is much smaller in all fairness, but the LumenBright is a finished fixture and looks even better.

Having my Radiums back finally also helps :)

Take par readings and note the difference as well. The LB's are a serious spotlight and the LM's spread a little better.

Take par readings and note the difference as well. The LB's are a serious spotlight and the LM's spread a little better.

The LumenBrights only spotlight when too close to the tank, I may even raise these a few inches higher. I'm seeing prety even brightness just by appearance. Compare that to the LumenMax 2 (single ended version), and there are no weak areas with the LB. With the LB2, I recall having to position the reflector so that the dim area from where the mogul socket wouldn't be noticeable. The LB, at least with my eyes, has the same even coverage as the LM3....just a whole lot brighter everywhere.

Very nice :thumbsup: ...I love LumenBright pendants.. If I could swing MH on my current system, I'd certainly go with them.

Yes that combo with the ballast and bulbs was insane on my system. Drop 2 brand new radiums in and check the par. I was running them on a 60g

Back