Macboat WP-40 group buy appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious McBoat was banned?
He did a lot of work for everyone who purchased and I think we should all write the moderator to see if they will un-ban his account. At a minimum they should have just warned him. He had no financial benefit from it and all of us who purchased gained a huge financial benefit by saving so much money.

Does anyone know who the moderator is?

If they don't reinstate his account, its going to leave a very bad taste in my mouth about RC.

It doesn't look like he was banned. Wouldn't it say "Moved On" below his username if he'd been banned? That's what normally happens.

Macboat

Macboat

Very few people have contributed to helping me get a beautiful tank up and going. This group buy was a lot of work and a HUGE help to me and my reef which is what I thought RC wanted to be.

As much attention as this group buy has had, RC mods should reinstate him and use it as a great opportunity to help future buys understand what they can and can't do.

Signing the petition to reinstate Macboat (if he has indeed been banned). Otherwise, yeah 'bad taste in my mouth' is putting it lightly.

I agree with all the comments in regards to reinstating MACBOAT. I do know that YES he was banned! & even after he was banned from RC he still has gone out of his way to help me. I was missing a sensor and he was ordering better ones anway and mailed one out to me. We were going to meet at the auction but things came up so he popped it in the mail. He saved us all tons of money on this group buy. He is NOT a distributor...He is a fellow hobbyist who just wanted to help out. Standing up for MACBOAT like this is just one way for us to show our thanks to him and all his HONEST HARD WORK! There are plenty of other website forums to talk reef on..... I too would like this to be resolved in a postive manner. REINSTATE MACBOAT (Please & Thank you)

Very Nice Guy!! Hate to see someone who is helping the hobby be punished. Got to meet him a couple of times and just wanted to talk tanks. Hope this thread can help REINSTATE MACBOAT. It would be a shame for RC to "lose" a dedicated hobbyist to another forum.

Reinstate Macboat!

Reinstate Macboat!

I'm agreeing with all the other comments...Macboat saved us all time and money on this group buy..he made it convenient for us all to pick them up at a central location with no problems..his service and communications with jeabo was impeccable and much appreciated..he is a valued member of our group and it's sad that he got banned because he dropped the pumps off with Carlos to make it easy for us local to pick them up instead of driving across town to his home or gas station

I didn't knw Macboat was banned either. I think the thought police seem to be working a little too hard. I also did not know that it was against the rules to mail the packages across states. I jumped in because I don't know of a local club near me. Mac did me a great service. Should I and others who purchased our Jebao's via mail through Macboat's group buy be banned too?

Macboat has been assisting me with failed power supply and other than bending over backwards to give me a hand has really only seemed concerned that many that were a part of the GP could no longer get in touch with him if they needed any assistance.

Seems like a stand up dude, shame to see it end up like this.

I dont understand, Since when is it a rule breaker to help fellow reefers? I thought thats what RC was started for. The guy who started Reef Central must be sick to his stomach. I know I am.. After 25+ years of reefing and giving RC a try and enjoying it so far, even with some of the bad or lack of good advice I have seen posted but with things like this makes me want to switch channels......

I dont understand, Since when is it a rule breaker to help fellow reefers? I thought thats what RC was started for. The guy who started Reef Central must be sick to his stomach. I know I am.. After 25+ years of reefing and giving RC a try and enjoying it so far, even with some of the bad or lack of good advice I have seen posted but with things like this makes me want to switch channels......

Your an old man :lmao:

Situation sucks and frank is such a standup guy, but I'm sure there is more to the story. I'm sure any mod would tell us is none of our business regarding this matter.
Frank should just sign up another RC account :) and yes there are ways around it :frog::frog:

I think the huge amount of money spent from mcboat's GB on "no name non-sponsor" pumps must have irritated some sponsors on here, so they wanna rid of him. I guess our voice will be ignored.

I understand that RC may take certain positions to want to protect their site etc... However, they need to review his profile, see his 1500+ posts at RC and see what type of person he is. Is he trying to sell stuff all the time and break rules ( I don't think so).

So at a minimum, they should have pointed out the rules to him in a private message and gave him the warning.

I remember when he started the thread, it was all about seeing if anyone was interested in doing a group buy so he himself and others in Arizona could get a better deal than retail.

It just happened to get out of hand, not by his doing, but by the fact it was an amazing deal he secured and everyone decided to jump in.

It just sucks that without a warning, they will ban you because you didn't read every line of the terms and conditions when you joined RC. (assuming that was the case).

Heck, who knows, maybe this post might get me banned.
Line 4851 of the terms and conditions. You don't have freedom of speech on RC, if you talk bad about us, we will ban you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back