Mag 7 return very noisy

BurN

I'm using a mag7 return on my 30g cube and right now the noise is unbearable. Any ideas on how to quiet this beast down?Could it possibly be a faulty pump?

Re: Mag 7 return very noisy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9860500#post9860500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BurN
I'm using a mag7 return on my 30g cube and right now the noise is unbearable. Any ideas on how to quiet this beast down?Could it possibly be a faulty pump?
It could be a broken ceramic shaft but check the installation. The pump shall be mounted on a rubber pad (A thick soft mouse pad will do) Also flexible hose shall be installed at the discharge between the pump and any rigid piping to prevent vibration and drumming effect.

If it's a new pump you might just give it some time. My Mag 7 was very noisy when I first got it. I was all set to return it, but after a couple days or so it quieted down and now it's about as silent as I would expect.

Mag7s are notoriously noisy pumps. the only fix that worked for me was to replace it. I went with an Eheim 1260 which was night and day better in both noise and flow.

Back