Maintenance software

I didn't even know about that forum! Is it the one where they talk about proportioning band and reset rates?
:rolleyes:

Well what I have read it seems that it's too time consuming for someone to write all the code and then give it away for free.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14846889#post14846889 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sisterlimonpot
Well what I have read it seems that it's too time consuming for someone to write all the code and then give it away for free.
Entire operating systems and GUI desktops have been coded as open source. This too could be done. Can't say I'm the one interested in doing it though. Like I said, online smoke alarms are a better place to start.

I have little doubt that the controller manufacturers are taking note of our desires and improving their designs. But I say, forget the controller. That still requires I monitor it. Lets cut to the chase and build a reef-keeping robot. :)

Why stop there, make the robot cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, add creamer to my coffee, mow the yard, take out the trash, wash the dog, something along the lines of Rosey from The Jetsons. Oh, and it needs to be affordable like say under $300.

Here you go.
http://www.redlion.net/G3features/G3 Feature - Email_SMS.html
With this equiptment you can do anything. Programing is another issue. These HMI controllers can do pretty much anything. Process control, building management, Aquarium monitoring? I use this equiptment for gas detection receiver/controller. It is industrial grade, and expensive. For probe monitoring, a industrial type monitor would probably have to be conected to the input module via 4 to 20ma transmitters. Not cheap. Off the top of my head, depending on the cost of a 4 to 20 probe transmitter, lets guess $500 at a qty. of three,
1 - 7.5" LCD Touch Screen controller, 1 - input module, 1 - output module, 1 - custom programing, 1 - ethernet switch, and
1 - Email/SMS Notification module, I have a grand ballpark figure of $7000.00 with no labor.
The thing with this type of equiptment is that it works, and continues to work properly. Never software issues. Once the program is written to work properly, it never changes.
If an assembly line that is producing solar panel wafers shuts down due to the controller or any other reason, it can cause the mfg. in excess of $10,000.
For the Big Boys.

I'll have to look in to it, but the phrase "human machine interface" is a little creepy.

Must be a cyberdyne company!

I don't even know if if there is a ph - 4-20 transmitter out there. I am going to google them. As far as 4 to 20 flow meters, and temp. monitors, they are widely used. Lighting and any type of switching is a peice or cake. I have my systems programed by a company in Maine as I am not capable. Too much in my head as it is to learn this type of programing. It is done custom to your needs. And any additions needed, the program can be written or upgraded and emailed to the customer for downloading. The system can be controled by any PC anywhere through an IP address. There are dimmable ballasts on the market now. That would be nice and smooth for the critters. I don't know if they are avail. for HO or MH though. The ones I know of are used for office use lamps. Reduced energy consumtion via a sensor that monitors the daylight in the office and adjusts the lighting accordingly.

Great start for products!

After reading a few posts on another thread linked somewhere on page 2, the lightbulb came on. Hello!.... PLC's. Almost ancient technolgy now. It wont be done tomorrow, but the build begins!

Back