Majano question

Travis1787

Hey guys I have a friend that has a big 500 or 600 gallon aquarium with a massive amount of majanos ... Im talking a ton. Too many to laser or inject and cover in kalk paste.

I was wondering if anybody knows a good way to get rid of them that worked for them. He may end up redoing the Rock so taking them out and getting these things off is a possibility. I see people will boil them in water or leave them in freshwater but then you're basically just starting over with new rocks that are no longer live.

The tank doesn't have any other Coral currently so is there anything to put in the tank that would severely **** them off? That wouldn't hurt the few fish that are in there? Or is there something you can soak the rocks in along with salt water that would kill these things and not completely kill off the Rock? I see people use vinegar could they soak in vinegar salt water or will the Rocks then be full of vinegar and leech it back into the tank?

Also thought about this for kalkwasser. I know people make a paste out of it and put it on them but would it be just as effective to put a bunch of pickling lime in saltwater and let the rock soak in that? Anyways I'm just looking for some ideas or thoughts thanks in advance for any input

Hey guys I have a friend that has a big 500 or 600 gallon aquarium with a massive amount of majanos ... Im talking a ton. Too many to laser or inject and cover in kalk paste.

I was wondering if anybody knows a good way to get rid of them that worked for them. He may end up redoing the Rock so taking them out and getting these things off is a possibility. I see people will boil them in water or leave them in freshwater but then you're basically just starting over with new rocks that are no longer live.

The tank doesn't have any other Coral currently so is there anything to put in the tank that would severely **** them off? That wouldn't hurt the few fish that are in there? Or is there something you can soak the rocks in along with salt water that would kill these things and not completely kill off the Rock? I see people use vinegar could they soak in vinegar salt water or will the Rocks then be full of vinegar and leech it back into the tank?

Also thought about this for kalkwasser. I know people make a paste out of it and put it on them but would it be just as effective to put a bunch of pickling lime in saltwater and let the rock soak in that? Anyways I'm just looking for some ideas or thoughts thanks in advance for any input

I tried it all but a combination of a file fish and a majano wand worked best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried it all but a combination of a file fish and a majano wand worked best for me.

Thank you. What size tank were you dealing with and the filefish work for you? I feel like I would need five or six filefish LOL

Thank you. What size tank were you dealing with and the filefish work for you? I feel like I would need five or six filefish LOL

Mine is a 120gallon. For your tank I would get about 4 you can put in work with the wand for the ones you can see or reach the fish will do the rest.

Yeah thankfully it's not in my tank LOL it's my friends tank it's large so many hard-to-reach places and there is just a ton

Yeah thankfully it's not in my tank LOL it's my friends tank it's large so many hard-to-reach places and there is just a ton

I can only imagine it was a pain in the *** in my tank much less something that massive lol. Best of luck.

Can you just overdose the tank with kalk to nuke the tank would that still kill them and keep the rock alive. Maybe gather up the livestock if any and just nuke it.

Would this harm the fish and destroy the water chemistry?

Cuz if the rocks have to come out either way I could just set up some garbage cans and do suoer strong kalk water dip on the rocks for 30 mins or few hours

I can test the idea buy pulling an easy rock and mixing up up some pickling lime in a small batch of saltwater let it sit and see

Would this harm the fish and destroy the water chemistry?

Cuz if the rocks have to come out either way I could just set up some garbage cans and do suoer strong kalk water dip on the rocks for 30 mins or few hours

I can test the idea buy pulling an easy rock and mixing up up some pickling lime in a small batch of saltwater let it sit and see

I think this idea worked! Tested 3 rocks in 2 gallons of water with 1/4 cup of pickling lime and a power head....

When it started there's at least 30 total I would say and when I pulled the rocks out there was only one I could see. It seems they just get mad and fall off in the bucket

Back