Mandarin Goby-Possibly attacked?

AMC2013

Hello,

I hope someone can help me......I have a mandarin Goby that isn't moving much around the tank, she has a big white patch on her right side (looks like something scraped her color off). Her tank mates are 2 Maroon gold bar clowns, Fire Hawkfish, peppermint shrimp. My tank is a Red Sea 170. All water parameters are great. She has been in my tank for 3 years along with my 2 clowns. I introduced the hawkfish a few months ago and he's never shown any aggression towards my mandarin. Could the hawkfish be getting territorial and now attacking her? Any feedback would help a lot. I have attached a photo. Thank you.

Attachments

• Mandarin Goby White Spot (1).jpg
    Mandarin Goby White Spot (1).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1
Could be the hawkfish. My experience is that they are really chill into they are used to the tank and then they get territorial. Also, the way they perch and hunt they are sneaky aggressive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Do you think if I take the hawk fish out of the tank (put him in time out) then introduce him in a few days it will help?

Thank you for your input on my mandarin, I am new to the forum and I wish I knew about this a few years ago. Haha.
I am hoping you might be able to help me with one more thing....
I can't for the life of me figure out what color/intensity to put my Kessil a360 blue tuna light setting at for my Anemones. I have researched a ton and can't find anything to help guide me. Would you be able to shed some light on this? I have a Red Sea 170 and my light is 9 inches above the water line. I am literally ready to rip my hair out, lol. Just when I think they are good and happy, they start to turn white. Ugh.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of anem and how long have had them?
If new you need to mimic the same light, or less intense, that they have been.

Bubble tips. One has been in my tank for 2 1/2 years and then it split about 8 months ago. both bubbles have been fine up until 2 months ago they started to lose color and I haven't been able to figure out why. I assumed it was my light since everything else is fine. Any suggestions on what intensity or color I should be setting my light on?

Usually BTAs are very hardy after a couple of months in the tank.
If lighting was too intense, the nem would retreat under a rock.
Most nems live in the shallows, so more white than blue should be considered.

Back