Many DIY Plans & Suppliers

Anyone know where i can get a strip heater to bend the acrylic that's 3/8 to 1/2 thick and will make 3/4 bends?

please give me a link if you know, or a place in so. Cal, thanks!

For a supplier, Aquatic Eco-Systems.

If you know what you need, they'll have it. If you don't know what you need, you'll still be able to find it.

just wanted to add a supplier lucite international basicly thats where all those plastics companys get thier acrylic from

Ok Guys I know this is mainly American but I'm on the other side of the reef in The U.K has anybody got any good links for this side of the world??
thanks

Empty tank at mo newbie starting out!! :)

I'm building a canopy for my 55 gal. 48x13x18. I want to mount lights and fans in the canopy anyone know where I can get plans on the best way to set this up my lighting is VHO tubes Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks

Acrylic Company that Cuts and Ships Cheap

Acrylic Company that Cuts and Ships Cheap

When I went out and looked into cutting my own 1/4 inch acrylic here in Atlanta for my fuge I was estimating spending about $150 dollars to make it myself.

All the tools and such that I needed or needed to update was looking costly. I did a lot of looking around into a cheap place to cut the acrylic for me and was being quoted $150 by piedmont to cut and pick it up.

Thats when I stumbled onto this website.
http://www.jmkdisplays.com/

It was great, I gave them my specifications and they cut it and shipped it for close to half of the prices I had been quoted.
Packaging was good and it arrived about a week to 2 weeks after I made my order.

Andy

4" slip/slip unions for DIY skimmers, etc.

4" slip/slip unions for DIY skimmers, etc.

From Pikey, who posted this recently in a DIY skimmer thread:

Too good not to share here in this sticky thread. :)

I just found a local (10 miles from home) plumbing store that sells Spears 4" schedule 80 slip/slip unions for $25.00. I bought two. The cheapest place I found them up until now is $30.18 each. CustomAquatic sells these for $49.99. These are the same stock number as the ones on that site for half the price and no shipping. I am really happy.

FERGUSON'S
1020 US HIGHWAY 45 BYP, JACKSON, TN 38301
Phone: (731) 664-6400

I dont beleive no one has said this one yet. In fact Ive only been on this site for a short amount of time, but I havnt seen this site mentioned once and it is a great resource for alot of reefkeeping stuff.
GARF
They have great plans for any size DIY tanks, stands, plenums, and live rock. Just enter your desired dimensions into the calculator and out comes the plans!
Pay them a visit regardless if your a DIYer or not!
I used their plans to build my 180g plywood tank, and a slight variation of their stand. It is a freshwater tank, but if you would like to take a look it is here

Beckett injectords

Beckett injectords

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to but 25 Beccket injecors in Aus as I can finfda suppiler listd even though I have serached here and google. Hope you can help.

Have tried Beckett and all other I can think of.

Andy

Back