Many DIY Plans & Suppliers

O-rings are easy, buy a DIY kit. Comes as a roll of material with splicing cement. I will check and see where mine came from when I am in the shop next. Gaskets can be purchased in "Sheet" form as well. They are a bit tougher to work with IMO as unless your cutting utensils are razor sharp, you can tear the rubber pretty easy.

look for pet stores that are going out of business. They sell used tanks for ridiculously cheap prices. It only cost me 30.00 to build a sump/fuge out of a 20 long and some acrylic from a hardware store. That is a lot cheaper than 350.00 for one that is already made.

Anyone know where I can get some of that plastic egg crate so that I can keep my gobies from being dare devils? I've gone to Home Depot but they havent the slightest clue what i'm talking about. I honestly dont know what the stuffs true purpose is so they dont know where to direct me... Ideas?

wow, wish i had found this thread before i started looking all over the web for this info. just tagging this thread for now. any one know of some more DIY acrylic overflox plans with good diagrams and mesurements? id like to tweak the design a bit and a drawing would be helpful.
-nick

anyone got links to building a large commercial skimmer? Thinking of using large drain pipes. But want some guidance on the setup of it.

Thanks

Back