Many DIY Plans & Suppliers

where can i get the acrylic cement 16. I need to re-bond my skimmer together. One of the leg broke of at the seem and i need to glue it back.

Looking for plans to make a probe holder or to buy.

Looking for plans to make a probe holder or to buy.

Prefer acrylic piece to put compression fittings into.

I tried going through as many of the posts as I could but couldn't seem to find anything on this.

Anybody know where to get cheap 1" gate valves?

Apparently not a single store sells them locally.

Link for Plumbing?

Link for Plumbing?

I am building a small system for broodstock, just over 500 gals in all in tanks, all under 75s, I am planning a 1.5" standpipe in the tanks, going into a flexible hose into a 2" pipe to the sump, whole system to turn over in an hour which I think is moderate per tank.

Is the 1.5" and 2" diameters adequate?

Its going to drain into an ATS then into a deep gravel filter then to a sump for pumping back up to a manifold above the tanks, that will be 2" also. The AST, Gravel Filter and Sump will be about another 150 gallons volume. I may put a refugium in the sump with Cheato to culture pods etc. Still thinking on that one.

um unless I am mistaken there are like no DIY LED projects part sources listed here.
these are the ones I am aware of

rapidled.com - full kits and parts
ledsupply.com - parts
nanotuners.com - full kits and parts
mpjaa.com - mostly good power supplies for non-meanwell builds like mine
heatsinkusa.com - good for custom sized heatsinks
dealextreme.com - mostly just use for cree XR-E Q5 at real cheap
reefledlights.com - full kits and parts as well

That's all that I can remember right now but I an CERTAIN there are many more out there.

I have read this entire thread, and i noticed a guy who has been asking for a site for GLASS
please guys, answer this because i need to knwo where ot get glass also.

It's unlikely you'd find an online vendor for glass. They could never ship it to you. All cities should have some glass cutting business they supply all the store fronts and custom showers. There are at least 3 in my city of 80,000 people. Search for commercial glass in your local area or call a shower fitter locally they can tell you were to get it.

Hope that helps
Martin

http://micro-surface.com/

Good site for materials to remove scratches from acrylic tanks. Useful to anyone trying to repair their own tank, especially in sizes over 200g's.

Includes man options including buying sheets of micro-mesh if you just need replacements.

I have read this entire thread, and i noticed a guy who has been asking for a site for GLASS
please guys, answer this because i need to knwo where ot get glass also.

I searched high and low for a reasonable price for a big piece of low iron glass. I found prices anywhere from expensive to outrageous. I contacted a bunch of outfits from the Thomas Registry.

Just for anyhow, I contacted Glass Cages.They had the best deal! BTW, a piece of 3/4 x 90 x 30 starfire is $168 cheaper than 3/4 x 91 1/2 x 31, at least from Glass Cages. Wish I had known that from the getgo.

Another source is Grayglass.

It's crazy how much the price deviates for an identical piece of glass. It is well worth the time to shop around.

Apparently google is fail these days? or that search thingy at the top right? I mean, sorry if I sound harsh, but seriously. Do some research before asking questions. It took me less than 5 minutes of searching to find about 6 different overflow designs and websites that sell them.

well jodah i googled my butt off and all i can come up with is the hang on the box overflow boxes like cor. so please point me in the right direction

can someone direct me to a site that sells acrlyc and ships them? i found a couple of sites but they dont ship. i want to make a coast to coast overflow.

Back