Mars Aqua 165w Blue lights dead

Force4000

Hello everyone. After 5 years one of my Mars Aqua 165w lights lost the right side (blue light bank). I have 2 of these lights linked togther. Doesnt look like I can get a spare anymore and can jump this to a different brand? Any recommendations on what to switch too?

If your looking to keep with LED and for similar, there’s the Viparspectra. If you want more color channel control, could “upgrade” to the SmatFarm 95w LED system (sounds like you may end up needing 3-4 not sure on your system size)

Otherwise an upgrade to Noopsyche may be good, more control, similar to SmatFarm but you also have an app (no experience, just talking from research).

Or if your looking for something completely different, you could change to Halide or T5 lol

Its a 55 gallon long. I had 2 165w mounted which had a good spread. I actually found if I turn the dimmer all the way down the lights kick back in but if I try to dial past 20% they shut off again. Not if its worth trying to repair this thing I am not that savy with electronics. I was looking at the Viparspectra they look good but with a decent price tag. Reviews show it well worth it though.

Its a 55 gallon long. I had 2 165w mounted which had a good spread. I actually found if I turn the dimmer all the way down the lights kick back in but if I try to dial past 20% they shut off again. Not if its worth trying to repair this thing I am not that savy with electronics. I was looking at the Viparspectra they look good but with a decent price tag. Reviews show it well worth it though.
Yep. There are plenty of people with the Viparspectra that are keeping reef tanks. There was a huge thread on R2R about it. It’s just slightly limited on control (I believe just two channel control (white and blue) compared to others

Ok quick update. If I keep my dimmer all the way down the LEDS stay on fine. If I turn them up about 50% they start flickering bad after about 30 minutes. Once again not savey with electronics but could the dimmer be the issue or more like a internal power supply issue with the light?

Could be the dimmer or could be something else in the electronics. You can try taking it apart and cleaning it an uplugging pluggin all the connectors but I would just pull the plug and get new fixtures. Any of the above reccomendations should be fine.

I’m not an electronics guy (as far as DIY/fixing them) so I’d just start with new, especially given the cost vs frustration. But that’s just me

Back