MARS Facebook Group

That is exactly what we thought! We are going to keep the forum running here as well if people don't want to use Facebook.

That is exactly what we thought! We are going to keep the forum running here as well if people don't want to use Facebook.

I think its a great idea personally as I know I've drifted away from the group due to times, location and interest in the hobby. :beer:

Question: I thought there was already a MARS group on FB. What's the difference between the two MARS groups on FB?

One was more of a "business page" where we were making announcements. This new page is more like a forum. Members can post pictures, ask questions, and sell/trade items!

Yeah, you can just ask to join the group and we will add you! The moderators are really quick about approving memberships, and we aren't turning anyone away We are just keeping it closed so that only members who have joined can post and we don't get a bunch of spam from outside sources.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this move because I'm probably the last person on the planet not using FB. Over the last year the traffic/activity on this board has really slowed down and it's one of my favorite places to look at on RC.

The Mars and 916 FB groups are setup so that I can't even look at them without a login. I'm thinking the new mars FB group will really draw down the traffic here to nothing.

I hope I'm wrong

Yeah but that already has happend it's just an app away faster than rc and the ease of posting pictures and anything off your phone quickly.
Plus if your selling or trade a lot more traffic people can get notification if they like.
Asking a quick question. Join the dark side ��

We want to keep both pages running. That way people who want to use either page can use the platform that they wish to use. The board will continue to post here, so you will never be left out of the loop.

Our hope is to reach people that may not be aware of a MARS page or Reef Central. We have links on the FB page linking to this forum and to our website. We have talked to many people and they are not even aware that MARS exists! Hopefully this brings more people to the club!

How about creating a guest user for people that doesn't have facebook to view the contents? Is that possible? We can PM for the password.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this move because I'm probably the last person on the planet not using FB. Over the last year the traffic/activity on this board has really slowed down and it's one of my favorite places to look at on RC.

The Mars and 916 FB groups are setup so that I can't even look at them without a login. I'm thinking the new mars FB group will really draw down the traffic here to nothing.

I hope I'm wrong

Reef Central traffic has died down tremendoulsy over the past few years I think everyone can agree to that. Just like attendace at our meetings has dwindled to almost nothing.

The MARS BOD has been making changes in an effort to keep the mission and purpose of the club moving forward and helping new hobbyists.

There are currently ~350,000 RC members with 8000 online right now. Reef Central is going no where. It is still rolling strong however our local group is changing. We the MARS BOD have to do what we need to in order to encourage attendace and promote the club.

I know I will continue to use RC there is just such a huge international wealth of knowledge here. That being said I encorage you to get a FB account even if it is Fake with no pictures. Just let me know who you are through text or message and I will approve you to our MARS Group.

Yeah but that already has happend it's just an app away faster than rc and the ease of posting pictures and anything off your phone quickly.
Plus if your selling or trade a lot more traffic people can get notification if they like.
Asking a quick question. Join the dark side ��

I totally and completely agree. I really really like Reef Central but I have spent many hours frustrated over not being able to edit modify posts or add pictures to a post or have them disappear because where I had them hosted changed etc. Reef Central is awesome. But there is a major ease of use factor associated with Facebook.

I don't like Facebook either! I'll probably fall off just like this site...!

I encourage to stick with RC and join FB. If not I am sure ill see you around town.

How about creating a guest user for people that doesn't have facebook to view the contents? Is that possible? We can PM for the password.

Sorry to many issues with this. I would encourage to create a fake or real account.

Back