MARS Frag Swap

OneReef

Reef Guru
Since WTMRAC disbanded and cancelled the frag swap, MARS is going to plan and go forward with a swap, as it is one of the most popular events of the year. It will also allow MARS to bring in a small amount of money to get our organization off on the right foot. We have a nice location in mind, it will either be in the Oct/Nov timeframe, or early spring. It depends on the availability of our newfound location. I'll update as soon as more info cones in.

I would say October or early November might work best. We don't want it to get to close to the holidays. Also, Nashville has theirs in the spring and I know several people from around this area go to it also. Excited to hear that there will be a swap after all though!

I'm happy to help and agree to not interfere with nashvilles swap.....the kids will understand if they get coral for Christmas

I am shooting for spring time 2014. I'm not going to start a new venture right now with some people seemingly unhappy. We'll shoot for next year when MARS might have a better chance at succeeding. We'll avoid Nashville dates entirely.

Just check on dirks thread on swap dates to see what's available as well. If you pick an open date you'll get more vendors including myself. Look forwards to seeing you guys in the sping =]

Right now we may have something cooking for this Oct/Nov timeframe. I'll post as soon as I know any details.

Sorry, I've been very busy with work and some other things going on. I hope that we can still make this happen. We have acquired a location already for it, I have to buy insurance for the place out of my own pocket, so I may have to charge a small admission and or vendor table cost, to try and make some of that money back, as well we will need to contact vendors and try to get some sellers to attend as well as try to get some raffle items. I am not sure of a date yet, but early November might be a likely time frame. I'll post as soon as we confirm some things. Also, table rental and delivery is expensive, I don't have money for that, so vendors may need to bring their own table and chair. This is a small swap, kinda being built up with NO money, so it will be a small intimate swap, but should be good. There will not be as many raffle items, but hopefully a fair amount, and we hope to have a food truck outside the facility. But it should be a nice swap if we get most of the vendors from the past to come. If you are a vendor and are thinking of coming, please start thinking about or looking for a table for yourself, there is just zero money for the swap, since WTMRAC closed down and donated all their money. I'm not bagging on them, just stating why there is no money to do the swap as it has been in the past. If we make some extra money off this, maybe we can do a larger one in the spring. Just depends on how much this insurance is going to cost me... :( More to come soon!

Jay, if you could break down the cost on some or all of the issues, that would give us an idea on how to approach them. When you say "food truck", do you mean a roach coach truck??

First weekend of nov. is open for me. I can bring two of my own tables but need one more if there's any volunteers. I could pay a small fee if some one wants to help me with saltwater. I need 40g to make this happen =]

Back