Maxspect Razor R5 300W X or Photon 48-V2

rhiggsbear

Another Brick in the Wall
Premium Member
Decisions, decisions. I've been doing a lot of reading here on RC as well as on the Net regarding a lighting upgrade. I "rescued" a 75 gallon (mixed reef) tank off Craig's List that I am currently upgrading. It is an old Marineland "Wave" tank. It came with a 35" Proton V1 fixture that hangs from an old bracket that spans the tank lengthwise. It is currently in my basement but I am to move everything from it to a new 75 gallon that will be located in my family room.

Because the light fixture will have to sit on the rim of the tanks, I am considering either a Maxspect Razor R5 300W X or Photon 48-V2. The price difference is of no concern to me.

I am concerned with the "disco" effect which I notice with my current V1 fixture. It is my understanding that I could have a problem with this with the V2 due to how close it will be to the water.

Thoughts or opinions? I was also looking at the Aquasanrise Plus but it appears they have been discontinued considering the only one listed on Reef Breeder's website is the R60 in the clearance section.

Back