Maxspect XF150 Gyre First Impression

Just picked up mine from FAOIS, planning on installing and posting a video on the options I try out. I'm curious about running the A and B fans at the same time for a more turbulent gyre. FAOIS had one left when I picked up mine.

Looking forward to more videos, there's not many on youtube that are very descriptive as far as gyre settings and tank dimensions.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread - but I've got to put in my experience on this great pump. I'm running an XF150 in Constant speed mode - around 60% power - along with a DC12000 running at 92% with the output split between two 3/4" sea swirls which is split again into a side outlet fitting with two eductors and two regular outlets.

The tank is an oceanic 156 - 60" long, 24" wide with dual overflows

I am getting no food or obvious detritus I can see on the sand bed. the only duning I'm getting from the sand bed can probably be explained by the return running so hard and hitting the front and rear glass.

I have one little spot where food does collect - in the rear left hand corner - below the maxspect and between the glass / left hand side overflow. It's only there for less than 24 hours though - either it's been exported or eaten by the inhabitants.

I had troubles running in Gyre with dual herbie overflows - I just couldn't get the two overflows tuned to account for the reversal in flow. I dont see any issues in running in constant mode though.

I was such a fan of the Ecotech pumps - but I've got to say I'm much happier with the results so far with this pump. The pump's resistance to allowing detritus to settle should ensure long term success.

I've had mine for about 4 months. I had problems with the controller not running in reverse mode when I first got it. I contacted support and they sent me a new controller right away. Since then, I've had zero problems and it's been running great.

I'm not so sure about this pump. Have been running it for a couple months and I'm finding definite dead spots. I think a 7 foot tank is too long for it. And I don't care for the programming. I'd like to program it with my apex. I will either gave to adr another one or put my tunzes back in

Back