Mesh mod

it shouldnt be a big deal. i just have to remember to pull it out.
i sent off for some enkamat samples too so i can give that a shot . i wish i had an airflow meter to know if im doing any good. but i can tell you for sure, this thing has never worked better. i like my skimmer now.

I've read the enkamat reduces a little bit of the drag it puts on the pump and allows it to spin faster, but that's just hearsay.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11314593#post11314593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
walmart, less than 2$ alb

Where at walmart? I was looking all over for it and lord knows those people don't know anything when it comes to finding things.

i just looked for it tonight and couldnd find it. it must be seasonal and now that the season is done maybe they packed it up until next year.
it looks like its about 4.00 a jar off of the internet. the cheapest i found it for was 42.99$ a case which comes to 3.58 a jar=4.00 with shipping. i would be into splitting a case if someone wanted to go in on it with me. i could use 3 or 4 jars

I asked the lady at a mexican market I go to here in chico if she could get me Lime powder (Kalk) and she said she definately could. I'm going to be in contact with her about it but she said she would sell it to me pretty inexpensively. I don't want to disclose where I'll be getting it at yet as I don't want people bugging her about it until I know she can do it... I also go in there all the time and she knows me well.

I'll let you guys know, but I think it's going to be roughly $1-1.50 a lb... If not even cheaper. IIRC she said they come in 50lb bags. I certainly don't need 50lbs but I know king you said you wanted some... at this price I don't think too many people would mind spending $5 or so to last them a substantial amount of time. 1lb would probably last me a year.

just make sure its food grade calcium hydroxide. you can get 50 lb bags of landscape grade for super cheap it just has alot of impurities in it from what i understand. food grade is the key.

Yeah it's definately food grade, it's what they use to make tortillas. I think it's a given it's the good stuff but I'll make sure :)

I won't be buying a 50lb bag unless it's ridiculously cheap and then I'll let you guys get however much you want. I might get her to sell me just a few pounds.

Josh, did you have any issues with the exaust tube spuing micro bubbles into the sump? This thing is producing so many bubbles it's filling up the sump. With the tank this skimmer is on I can't fit the gate valve mod on.

Wow it sounds like you've got too many bubbles now with this mod. You could try some pipe diameter reductions to simulate a basic step jump with the gate valve. Could always get some flex tubing and crimp it down throttle flow too. This might work where the physical boundaries of a gate valve may not be allowed. YMMV. :D

PS like your signature today "Actions speak louder than words" Are you suggesting pictures are worth more than a bunch of words here? ;)

i dont know about adjustment without the gate valve. i put a gate valve on before i even used it. the way i have my out plumbed is with a 90 to the inlet area(as far away from the return pump as possible) and another 90 pointing it back straight down. i drilled a hole in the top of one of the 90's to let it vent. the bubbles then have to go the length of the sump again. after the baffles the return is bubble free. the first baffle takes the water from the bottom of the sump too, im not sure how much it helps but it seems to. i used a filter sock for a loong time and it reduced the bubbles to near zero but im lazy and
DSCN2733.jpg

DSCN2732.jpg

im going to bring my impeller to the meeting and i may do a quick how to on the mod.

i also switched from the scrubby pad to enkamat p4 with fishing line instead of zipties.
way mucho better.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11782105#post11782105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
im going to bring my impeller to the meeting and i may do a quick how to on the mod.

I don't think that was requested to be added to the meeting agenda there Mr. VP. ;) :lol2:

Back