Mesh tops

Sullyman

Premium Member
Judging by the responce to Lactose's thread about the clear stuff, there must be some made or being made. I tried something different with a top I just made.
If you've made one without the screen frame, let's see a pic, here's mine,
P1010016-1.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010026-1.jpg

It's 3/4" square acrylic rod with 3/4 inch scotch double faced tape, the heavy duty hang something on the wall stuff, the mesh is streached out onto the tape and then I topped it of with a triangular acrylic rod. The tape is strong enough so far to hold tight.
The corners on the 3/4" rod frame are cemented together.
I hope that's understandable.......

It's 3/4" square acrylic rod with 3/4 inch scotch double faced tape, the heavy duty hang something on the wall stuff, the mesh is streached out onto the tape and then I topped it of with a triangular acrylic rod. The tape is strong enough so far to hold tight.
The corners on the 3/4" rod frame are cemented together.
I hope that's understandable.......
Where did you get the acrylic material? or did you fabricate it yourself?

The 2 copperbands in that tank don't bother my coral or clams.
I wanted to make something that looked better than the screen frame and it had to be reusable as the mesh life is a year or so. The traingular acrylic is just held by the tape so taking it off and removing the screen when it's time will be easy. I'll probably need to replace the tape when I replace the mesh. It's day one, we'll see how well it holds up to the light, how the adhesive works over time. Looks a lot better so plus 1 so far.
I ordered the acrylic rod from us plastics, it's not a cheap way to go but it should last a lifetime with mesh replacements.

Back