MH Bulbs

MH bulbs and supplies are literally getting harder to find daily. Here’s a couple places I’ve found but haven’t bought from since I have enough bulbs to last me for over 12 years.

Most companies that made MH bulbs have discontinued making them. I’m pretty sure the only ones manufacturing them at this time are Chinese knockoffs.

Most companies that made MH bulbs have discontinued making them. I’m pretty sure the only ones manufacturing them at this time are Chinese knockoffs.
OK there is this new company.
Rumored to be a spinoff from Hamilton(ex-employee) and selling bulbs made from the same people who supplied Hamilton. Whoever that is.
YMMV..

Giesemann Germany selling Mhi bulbs and have nice choice.
I purchased light and get 1 250 W included.
There is many shops in Europe and Giesemann deliver to US as well + postage + custom parasiting tax ;)

Or maybe they have some im sure US shop agreement as I see Giesemann selling a lot in US as its top quality brand for MHI as was in late 90' Arcadia UK...

More gossip ..
Radium confirmed the production for both types (250W and 400W) will continue for the time being.

Always be suspicious of words like " for the time being".

More gossip ..

Always be suspicious of words like " for the time being".
I've got an email from Radium on March 18, 2024. Simple as that.

Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 7.51.02 AM.png

Nice and not too bad of pricing.
Yup. The new company, Aqua Bright Solutions, is owned by Dave and Alejandra, 2 former Hamilton employees. They have been known, specially Dave, for the excellent customer service and now continuing to provide the same quality bulbs and service. We, metal halide uses, are proud of their effort to continue making halide lamps available. There is a possibility for the company to extend and make new fixtures and ballasts. That will most likely depend on the demand.

Back