Midas Blenny Aggression - Attacking my golden rhomboids!

dwizzle28

Hello All,

I love the fish, but unfortunately he is constantly harassing my pair of golden rhomboid wrasses!

I thought he would be the least aggressive from my tangs and maroon lightning clowns.

Do you guys recommend any acclimation boxes I can get to put him on time out? If that doesn't work, I may have to rehome him

I like those ice cap fish traps, has a feeding tube hole too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has it been going on?

I had a Midas doing the same thing to my hawaiian flame wrasses. I tried to let them settle it out, but after a few weeks I rehomed the Midas. It wasn't constant attacking, more of random bothering but now and then I would see torn fins on the flame wrasses. The flames wrasses are one of my favorites, and the Midas was eh a cool filler fish.

I had a midas blenny terrorize my clowns and a melanarus wrasse. I tried the mirror to reduce aggression but it would only last for a day. Put him in an acclimation box for a while and still no good. After about a month I gave up and re-homed him.

Since day 1.

Unfortunately my 3 year old son picked the midas blenny.... but the midas may be going to go on a "trip to find his mom" soon.

How long has it been going on?

I had a Midas doing the same thing to my hawaiian flame wrasses. I tried to let them settle it out, but after a few weeks I rehomed the Midas. It wasn't constant attacking, more of random bothering but now and then I would see torn fins on the flame wrasses. The flames wrasses are one of my favorites, and the Midas was eh a cool filler fish.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the messages and responses.

I tried to break it to my 3 yo today and he gave me a pouty face. I’ll probably have to find a smaller one and rehome the bigger one.

Thanks guys for the messages and responses.

I tried to break it to my 3 yo today and he gave me a pouty face. I'll probably have to find a smaller one and rehome the bigger one.

I bought my kids their own 10 gallon tank. Made it freshwater. They can choose their fish in there.

Otherwise for my tank, they choose from a pre-selected list.

Back