military reefers club

everyone else, I would love some more suggestions for names or acronyms for a "nation wide" type of club. Definitely gonna be moving forward with this and of course by a military club I mean any military at any time, I dont care if you served 6 months or 20+ years...it's great to see so many vets that are into reefing, I too didn't know that there were so many military reefers.

Well I just seen this so I thought that i would hope in on it. I was in the Army for 10 years until I got hurt over in Iraq and got medical retired. But I think this is great for us all to get to know each other and find others that have been in our boots.

I think this is a great Idea, I'm in the military just outside of Philadelphia PA, and it is exhausting trying to teach my wife to handle things while I'm gone.

This idea is great, I am now in the Orlando area. I just recently got off active duty and am now in the National Guard. With all my time away I was never able to have a tank but now get to have fun in this great hobby!

I just set my tank up a few months ago. Now I am in Florida for 3 months. Is there anyone in the phoenix valley that could take a look at my tank?

my wife and I are both mil and think that would be a helpfull tool. I am currently feeling out my area trying to establish good conections in phx

Sweet! I am in AZ and I will be gone 90 days TDY here soon. I have to teach my wife how to take care of the tank while I am away. I hope she pays attention.....

Do you guys know about FRAG? When I PCS'd to luke three years ago I learned quite a bit about the local scene from that forum.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228

I just set my tank up a few months ago. Now I am in Florida for 3 months. Is there anyone in the phoenix valley that could take a look at my tank?

I live near Luke and can help out if she has problems. I retired two years ago I'm going to school so I have alot of time.

Military Refers Club!

Military Refers Club!

Great idea. Retired military living in Lakeland, FL. Member of the Tampa Bay Refers Club, on this forum!:fish1:

Currently in San Antonio. Spent 8 years in the AF and got out, and am now finishing up an Army ROTC program. Will get my Army commission (AF wouldn't take me back, LOL) in December of this year.

More importantly, I am a reefaholic!!!!!

My wife and I are active duty in virginia, hampton roads area. There is a pretty well established local group for reefers here. Anyone new to the area can send me a pm and I'll give you the site to connect to fellow reefers and get to know some people.

Not military and not a vet, but I think this is a great idea.

I'm one of the founding members our local club and I would say that it's a safe bet that almost any club that you contact would be willing to help out. I know that ours would.

Did ~7 years, and am a current DoD Civ. I love the idea. I can recall each tank break down and move...

What more did you have in mind?

Am a Navy Vet . I would like to be involve also. Am on Sacramento and Elk Grove California area. Bravo Zulu for all you guys and gals active duty. :thumbsup:

Midshipman! haha, going to school at University of Florida in Gainesville, comission in December, probably a few months of IRR then off to Pensacola for flight school.

I just retired after 20 years in the Navy and have had many break downs in that time. I currently live in Southern California.

I to am a reefaholic building a new 150g

While not in military, I have several friends who are, and like many non-military folks, I always try to go out of my way to help those that serve.

In fact, just bought current tank from a public servant moving back to the state.

I'm in a job that requires me to move around a lot, and I have similar questions. I am currently in PR, so any of you Navy/Coast Guard folks are here, I can tanksit for you. Not appropriate for me to "join", but feel free to IM me if there is a need here in PR.

TD

So is it official? Is BAAR (if thats the name)about to launch? Are we going to start making a list of people by area that can help eachother out?

Back