military reefers club

sucker_fish

I am in the military and an avid reefer, one problem that I have is moving and then trying to locate the local (and sometimes not so local) reef clubs. Just an idea but I know a few people just on my installation that are into reefs and thought maybe it would be cool to start a military reefers club that would not only cater to and bring military reefers together but also work hand in hand with local reef clubs where available. Just curious for feedback at this point so let me know what you think.:)

I am military also, but this is the first time in the last 4 years that I've been able to stay home for longer than 3 months... so I am getting setup again. But I am going to try to stay small scale because I will probably only be in this situation for another 18 months until I have to move and things get busy again.

my wife and I are both mil and think that would be a helpfull tool. I am currently feeling out my area trying to establish good conections in phx

thats exactly the situations I would like to address, who takes care of tanks when a deployment comes up, maybe get together with other military and work out some tank sitting to help each other out etc. I know for me personally it has been a challenge tearing down tanks and selling off everything for half what it cost just to turn around again and do it all over again later.

I like the idea as I am military as well. I've done multiple teardowns, give aways, selling equipment and taking up valuable space in the moving trucks trying to save other equipment...some of which has been broken in transit.

Kevin

I'm another tank sitter. My brother is currently in Iraq and he drove his 29 here for me to watch. With all of the moving, I think he settled on a small tank bacause is can be fairly easily moved with buckets. He drove it up from Georgia to south central Pa. Tore down one evening and set up here the next morning.

Sweet! I am in AZ and I will be gone 90 days TDY here soon. I have to teach my wife how to take care of the tank while I am away. I hope she pays attention.....

well I was thinking...if we can get a large enough network of miilitary reefers together and get an organization going that would be great, then hopefully working hand in hand with the local reef club members we would have plenty tank sitters to either watch our tanks for us or advise our significant others who are attempting to take care of our tanks while we are away...Now we just need to come up with a really cool name..hehe

Im another Vet that went through the same tear down and sell routine for 8 years, I know how it feels to finally get a tank going and then having to sell it all because you have to ship out. I am curently in the FT BLISS area and if any of you are out this way I will be glad to help out.

I'm a vet, in CT. Not too many active duty near me. But if there I anything I can do to help out, let me know.

Glad to see vets here. For a little bit I thought I was one of the few military (reserve Drill sergeant now) that had an interests in reef tanks. If anyone needs help in my area (Jacksonville, FL), let me know. I may one day ask for a favor when I have a mobilization to train troops.

I am a Veteran and would love to be involved. Especially if someone locally gets deployed I would love to assist so they wouldn't lose their beloved reef tank.

Glad to see vets here. For a little bit I thought I was one of the few military (reserve Drill sergeant now) that had an interests in reef tanks. If anyone needs help in my area (Jacksonville, FL), let me know. I may one day ask for a favor when I have a mobilization to train troops.

I am also in Jacksonville FL. My husband is active duty. If you need help let me know.

:) I'd like to just step in here and say a great big thank you to all of you for all that you have done. It really is great to see so many fine individuals all in one thread.

well I was thinking...if we can get a large enough network of miilitary reefers together and get an organization going that would be great, then hopefully working hand in hand with the local reef club members we would have plenty tank sitters to either watch our tanks for us or advise our significant others who are attempting to take care of our tanks while we are away...Now we just need to come up with a really cool name..hehe

How about Brothers At Arms Reefers. or BAAR

I'm in. Just started up about a year ago and transfer next summer, wondering what's gonna happen to the tank.

This is a great idea. The whole reason I didn't have any pets while I was in is because I didn't have anyone to take care of them while I was deployed.

Back