Moon Light

I'm using the Lunar Link/Lights -Nocturnal Blue over my 37. Moonlights are awesome. Got mine cheap off amazon. The "light: comes with the power supply, and the "link" is just an additional set of LEDs, allows you to add up to 5 more to the same supply

I think Jerry uses the same ones too. They are very popular ‘round these parts IME

yea now i just need to find a way to mount them to my lights...lol...going to be tricky..

I have the same one for my discuss tank but I have not hooked it up because they seem awfully bright. A while back I bought a set of three (i believe you can hook these one up in series as well) from one of the guys on the URS. He made them himself but what I liked about them was they had a dial for intensity, you could make the lights brighter or dimmer. DR Bronx do you happen to remember who that was, I have mine on timers and have been running for close to 4 years now without any issues. If you could find out how to get ahold of them they work great and were cheaper than the ones your looking at.

sound good...are they in a tube of three???or do they look similar to the ones they are talking about?because i have seen some on ebay that are in a tube and that would kind of be the best for my space issues. thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9886765#post9886765 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bower23
How many of these would be good for a 4 ft tank?

I think two would be good, one normal one and one link. As tom said they are bright! I don't plan on running mine all night. Just for a few hours before and after the actinic bulbs go on and off.

LR201.jpg

I use one similar to this in my hood, it uses a normal light socket and I just bounce it off my hood and it makes a nice ambient blue moon light. I think they run about $6.00 to $9.00 on ebay.

Geo

Back