moonlight question

Jim_Leyland

In Memoriam
i doubt this will work but can you use that ropelight stuff and just hook it on the inside of your canopy to use for moonlights?

If you really wanted to you could I guess. That would be too many moonlights if you asked me. You can wire a few blue LED bulbs together for pretty cheap and put them in your canopy.

at the local store by me there are like 3.50 each for a 72" tank i would need what like 20? so u figure that's 60.00 for the lights then i need a switch, resistors, soder, wire.... just thought it would be cheaper? maybe i can open up the rope light and color some of the leds black lol

....and don't do what I did. I cut the wire leaving about 10 bulbs on it. They will still use the same amount of power as the full string. The bulbs started to get so hot they would brown paper in minutes. They also glowed like the sun.

yes ropelights but, I pulled the plastic off of the string and no because I shortened the string. Tey were way too bright and didn't look right.

I'd go with something with low wattage. If you have old miniature Christmas lights, you might be able to use it and change the bulbs to either blue or clear. You'd also have to cut them to length of course. My $.02 worth.

Back