Moorish Idols

I fed mine shaved frozen bananas for the first time tonight. Ate a few pieces but overall he was not a fan of it. Trying the avacado later this week.

Paul, where do you get black worms? Online? Bait shop? Dig them in your yard?

Live black worms are available in most aquarium shops in NY.
I understand that in many places they are not. They are always on the counter in small containers next to live brine shrimp. You shouls ask for them, they usually keep them in the refrigerator. You can order them on line but I think you may end up with more than you can keep alive.
Paul

Hey guys. I have had a Moorish Idol for a little while and while it still may be to early to tell, he is perfectly happy and healthy. From the day I purchased him he has eaten like a pig. He like some Sea Veggies, Formula One Pellets, but most surprisingly, the thing he loves the most is just normal Omega One Marine flakes!

Paul..I heard about your accident....truly sorry my friend. Have you picked up another CBB yet?(I know you are) I had mine for 2.5 years and he met his fate in a tunze when I had the caging off for a moment(stupid me) and I havent gotten another one. My main question is whether or not you are concerned with contaminants collecting sponge in NYC water?

I have never been concerned with contaminants in NYC water as I have always used this water and never had a problem I only have problems with my town water.
I diden't get a CBB yet but I will. Out of all of them that I had, I think I lost every one of them to an accident. I really like them and they are one of my favorite fish. I will get one as soon as I have a chance. Now my tank is mostly smaller gobies which I would like to spawn. The only larger fish I have is a hippo and three bangai cardinals which really don't grow too large. I don't want any larger fish for now I would rather have twenty smaller more interesting fish than a few large fish that I have had dozens of. On Saturday I am going collecting so I may pick up a few odd small fish to include
Have a great day.
Paul

Back