mounting mushrooms

hillbillybjopkr

this lil guy is givin me fits....i've placed him on a rock several time's....even glued it to the rock.....next morning i find him somewere else....almost tore my tank down the other day looking for him.....what is the trick to gettin him to stick....do i need to put it and the rock in a bucket for a couple days to get him to stick?

mushrooms are trike you have to give low flow like you said in at little container whit rock after few day is going to be ready Togo any where

Ive got shrooms all over my tank in places Ive never thought they would settle. Seems they have a mind of their own sometimes.

you can put them in a container with some rubble in the bottom of the tank and wait a couple days til they attach to the rubble pieces then glue that somewhere. Glueing softies is almost impossible as they just shed a layer of mucus and get rid of the glue, I often just let my shrooms go where they want and have found massive polyps in caves where there is very little light and flow.

frustratingly they constantly slime layers of mucus when you glue or stick them to anything, releasing them from glues. +1 for jesdiscus' idea. put them in a little container full of rubble rock. when they attache to the rok, just glue the rock where you want it in the tank.

I use a toothpick and stake them to a rock. Let it sit for a few days then you can remove the toothpick.

you can put them in a container with some rubble in the bottom of the tank and wait a couple days til they attach to the rubble pieces then glue that somewhere. Glueing softies is almost impossible as they just shed a layer of mucus and get rid of the glue, I often just let my shrooms go where they want and have found massive polyps in caves where there is very little light and flow.

I put the container in my sump with 2 holes drilled at each end for a little flow. Right now I have a few shrooms and a couple of small pieces of leather ready to go into the dt. Works well for me.

could also use rubble rocks to make a small cavern with low to no flow in the sand bed, then move as desired.. or dice it into pie-shaped pieces and have several!

there are numerous ways to get a softie to "stick" to a rock... one way is to (as stated above) stake the sofite down. this does not hurt the subject in anyway and will regrow any damage done from this process. another option is to sew the foot of the softie to the rock... simply take a needle and some thread and pretend you are fixing a hole in your jeans... again the softie will be fine after a few days... that last and easiest is to get ahold of a beta cup or plastic solo cup and place sand at the bottom... in time the sofite will adhere to the rubble making them easy to glue to any surface.... hope this helps and HAPPY FRAGGING!!! :dance: :bounce3: :dance:

I've let mine float around and settle where they fell but will try some of these methods next time.

Back