Moving to CO

Beaner3

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Stef and I are most likely going to be moving to Colorado here hopefully within the next month or so. I'm not giving up on the aquarium fabrication gig at all, so those of you that have one of my awesome tanks/filters will still have your warranties active. We will just be in a different geographical location.

I'm also looking to kind of liquidate a little bit of stuff that I dont want to bring with,....some scrap acrylic (free) for any DIY things you might have, a little 15 gallon, 35 hex, maybe a light pendant or two, I'll leave a more detailed list of things once I start really get into packing up the shop.

Gonna miss it up here though,......

At least I know where I can still get some good RO stuff from back home :) Right Jim?

Hey Ben sorry to hear you and Stef are leaving everyone will miss you I'm sure. We have lots of loyal customers in Colorado I'm sure you'll run into them. If you have lots of scrap we'll find a place for it in our shop if you like, no sense just dumping it.

Jim

Are you sure you want to do that? Town is completely packed with touristas. I feel like I should be selling bags of oranges on the street corner, or washing windshields.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15417250#post15417250 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thefilterguys
Hey Ben sorry to hear you and Stef are leaving everyone will miss you I'm sure. We have lots of loyal customers in Colorado I'm sure you'll run into them. If you have lots of scrap we'll find a place for it in our shop if you like, no sense just dumping it.

Jim

Yeah Jim, we are a little bummed to be leaving friends behind,.....business has been pretty slow to tell the truth, and we found a great deal on a nice house out there, with a garage almost the size of Frank's, So I could potentially be based out of my home,(no excuse for sick days! haha) Love to have some visitors once in a while though! I guess the skiing is pretty good out there, haha.

Most of the scrap I have is pretty small stuff, no chunks of any real size, a few I guess, I'll be separating it into a couple of different piles, if there are any sizes you think you could use, I will set them aside for ya.

Sorry to hear you are leaving I wish I was closer to you I would like to get some of the scrap acrylic. Might be intrested in a pendant too.

I use to be the dump spot for stuff that was still good but going into the trash and with our new warehouse I still could find a spot.

Business is tough right now finding new customers coming into the hobby are fewer in number. I'm thankful I built my business on customer reorders of supplies. We just hired another employee but it doesn't take as long to pack reorders as it does to build systems so we just reorganized our work hours. The good thing is I'm working less hours and get to sit down once in a while. I wish you luck on your move let me know before you go what you have left if anything.

Jim

Awww, that sucks to hear, never even got to see your setup. Good luck on the move though. What are the dimensions on that 15 gallon? I need a small tank right now.

Maaannnnn! That's sad news. I thought we were having a meeting your way finally this summer. Good luck on the move and maybe there'll be a larger population where you're moving to give your business a bump?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15431064#post15431064 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blennieluvr
Maaannnnn! That's sad news. I thought we were having a meeting your way finally this summer. Good luck on the move and maybe there'll be a larger population where you're moving to give your business a bump?

I certainly hope thats how it goes.

As far as scrap goes, chunks of 3/4" 1/2" some 1/4" clear and black (extruded) all the clear stuff is cast

The little 15 gallon is more like a 17, and I forgot to put my tape measure on it today, sorry.

Back