Mr and Mrs Reef - 290g in wall build

image.jpg

It's Christmas in our house today!!

Sump room progress, flooring all pulled up, bat fully removed, new basement drywall all installed, outlets placed where needed for the fish room, door way created from fish room to laundry room (left of pic), tomorrow, more wiring.

Getting closer folks.

After adding this pic I realized I didn't take the latest pic... This is without drywall clearly. I'll take a new one tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
Are you adding any tile or other flooring or leaving the cement?

We couldn't decide between painted (flakes finish, often used in garages) or something like linoleum. I'm not a fan of linoleum and don't have any in our house, we will now. Bought the linoleum today. Deciding factor was ease of installation and ease of install.

There's a limited period of time that you can re-edit your post. This is artificially imposed by the board owners. I don't know their reasoning for this but there it is.

Dave.M

Dave, that makes sense now, thanks for the info.

I am traveling for work this week, Jeremy is home buffing the tank, and building the wall the tank will be in. I am a control freak and always worried about doing something 'wrong'. So Jeremy is making sure to get the buffing done before I get home for my and HIS sanity! I told him to take pics along the way so we can keep you all updated. The tank is a lot cloudier than I remembered, lots of minor scratches, did not see any large ones.

Jeremy picked up two MP40 and MP10 quiet drives this week. Guess what... can't use MP10's on our tank because it's too thick, lovely.

Jeremy picked up two MP40 and MP10 quiet drives this week. Guess what... can't use MP10's on our tank because it's too thick, lovely.

Sorry dear. We will just sell them off and maybe get 2 more mp40s the other 2 don't need to me quiet drives there behind the wall. anyone want to trade there old mp40s for wireless mp10qd? Haha.

Making progress on the fish/sump room. Have all of the dry wall up, wiring done, now doing a final mapping of where everything is going to be mounted. Jeremy is quite the master at this kind of stuff, this is going to be one organized fish room!

Jeremy made me a frag tank out of a 20 tall, he cut it down to just about 5" tall and put the rim back on it. It will tie into our system, I'm excited for it! Can't wait.

Buffing of the tank hasn't began yet, still working on this room. We have everything we need, now just need the time to finish it.

Doesn't look like much to you guys most likely... But we're getting closer. The stand is started, inside of room is fully dry walled and wired. Sink hookup and drain is in. Next is finishing the stand (made from green treat). After the lower stand is finished, we will be working on the upper portion of the wall that will be above the tank.

We're coming along slowly but surely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
Here's our equipment/plans:
Lights - 4 EcoTech Radion xr30w Pro G3 (LED)
Controller - Full Apex w/lab grab PH probe
Powerheads - 2 6100 Tunze PH's with controller (In the fuge)
In the DT - 2 MP40's, and debating on MP60 or 2 more MP40's.
Skimmer - ETSS 1400 (downdraft) (external skimmer)
Skimmer fed by - Iwaki 70
UV Sterilizer - 120 Watt
Calcium Reactor - Pinpoint PH controller
Return Pump - Iwaki 100 (2800 gph)
Sump - 30 gallon custom sump plus 125 gallon fuge.
Fuge lights - Generic Ebay LED lights
RO/DI Unit - Kent Marine 60 gallons per day (plus booster pump)
640 lbs of LR to start
300 lbs of LS (ordering this week)
Fish and corals to come after cycling! :fish1::fish1:

I went back to the first post in this thread and read our plans. Oh how plans have changed. Updated our equipment list to be accurate to what we have purchased.

I am picture happy tonight.

'Layout' Here is how we are trying to figure out how to lay out all of our instruments, some tape, and paper cut out to the size of each instrument. It's like a big game of tetris :uhoh3:

Img 2987: Today we got part of the upper portion of the wall completed.

Img 2988: Plumbing shopping list... :uhoh2:

Img 2979: This shows how far the tank is sticking out of the wall, you'll still be able to see down the sides.

Attachments

• Layout.JPG
    Layout.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg