multiple centropyges?

fishkid6692

i had another thought about stocking my 180g. can i have mutiple centropyges? say 4-5? 0r even a pair and a single? thanks!

I agree with them both. I would either do a pair/trio of the same species or you might be able to sneak up to three species that all have distinctly different colors. Adding them all at once is probably the best idea as well.

It can be done. As most, its an experiment with different fish. I have a friend where her interuptus was attacked by another species of centropyge.

I'm currently keeping 4 flame angels and a lemonpeel in my 210 without too much issues. Two of the flames appear to be males which is causing some fighting, but the flames and lemonpeel coexist just fine.

flame022.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15415059#post15415059 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Recty
I'm currently keeping 4 flame angels and a lemonpeel in my 210 without too much issues. Two of the flames appear to be males which is causing some fighting, but the flames and lemonpeel coexist just fine.

flame022.jpg

Beautiful fish selection, their colors really pop. Love the queen and X-mas Emperor. Continued luck with your tank.

Remember Centropyge are haremic in social structure. They also change sex. Start with a large one & 2 or three smaller individuals. The dominant fish should become a male..

Matthew
DO provide many nooks & caves though..

I have the tigerpyge and was going to get a pair of a diff species. Would i be able to pair the hybrid up? Say with maybe a tiny eibili? I didn't think i could.

I have a Potters and multicolored in a 95. had to take the potters out for a week and put it in the sump when I introduced the Multicolored bc the potters was so aggressive. Also have 2 females Watanabes which stay to themselves.

It can be done. Probably depends on the aggressiveness of the first angel. I had a coral beauty in my tank for quite a while. Then my friend was getting rid of his half-black angel which I took and put in the sump for two months to check for issues. The half-black was kinda aggressive to my fishes in the sump so I put him into the DT. Of course the first week there were some torn fins between both angels, but since then, they don't even realize that each other is there.

Back