My 10G nano Project Underay - Lots of Pictures!!!!!!

More Fabio as requested

How he sleeps at night
IMG_1435EDIT.JPG

And he loves icecream hagen daz especially
Imagedssdg.jpg

Ash

Here is the stand i made tonight not quite finished need to sink the nails sand it and add some molding but not sure if i am going to paint or stain it anyway heres how i made it.

After cutting plywood to correct sizes i glued the edge
marine_log_5.jpg

then clamped and drill the piolet holes & then screw together
marine_log_6.jpg

Some 2x4's for extra support and to keep stand square ready to add the trimming
marine_log_7.jpg

shot after the trim has been glued nailed and clamped one of the trims was slightly short as my compound mitre saw must of moved slightly and gave me an angled cut so its a good idea to check before you cut
marine_log_8.jpg

and heres the nearly finished produt
marine_log_9.jpg

Can anynbody help with the sump i got the acrylic for a false wall today so will maybe start the tank sometime this week.

Ash

Well i sanded the stand tonight and filled the nail holes just need to add a door and some moulding around the bottom and stain it.

here's a pic with the tank on the stand just need to make a canopy not sure what sort a canopy, ideas welcome.
marine_log_10.jpg

Ash

I ahve nearly completed my stand and canopy. All what's left to do is fill some nail holes, sand and stain the stnd i finished the moulding around the bottom and of course a door. The canopy needs a lid and some moulding around the top and am done and of course sanding then stain.

heres a pic of the stand tank and canopy
marine_log_13-.jpg

Can anyone help with the sump design thanks

Ash

Stand looks really nice. I was wondering, are you expecting any problems by removing the black trim from the tank? I have an AGA 10 gallon as well and I really don't like the trim either.

I think Fission skimmer would go great with your set-up. It's like smaller version of seaclone. I've never used Tunze's, tho.

Your stand looks awesome, great job!

Thanks

Heres a more up to date pic of the stand and canopy i have just decided to put a clear stain on the stand and canopy just need to do the door and im done and canopy lid.

Thanks for the suggestions will look into it as for the black trim in my case it just clipped over the front and back sides no silicone however the glass supports were siliconed on but came off real easy the trim was more of a decoration in this instance.

marine_log_15.jpg

Didnt do anything this weekend i was at the loch ness rock festival fatboyslim was playing pretty good will get some photos up later.

Ash

Heres the false wall i cut today going to order some pumps next week 2 x eheim compact 1002's seem not to bad ive done a CAD drawing of the setup with a new sump layout and the skimmer and pumps in place all seems to fit as i have drawn the equipment to scale will post a pic of it later heres a pic of the false wall but would still like some guidence on the new layout i have done.

marine_log_16.jpg

Ash

Anyway here is the pics ive done of the sump any comments welcome need some guidance on it weather you think it will work or if there is any improvements which may help.

marine_log_17.jpg

marine_log_18.jpg

marine_log_19.jpg

Thanks Ash

Wow those CAD drawings are really nice, I cant wait until I get my program and start that part of my degree. Anyhow your sump idea looks real nice as does the way your stand and canopy came out. The only thing I would do differently is plumb the right pump over to the other side of the tank that way you can spread out the flow a lil better. I would plumb it straight through the sump so you dont have any plumbing going throught the display. My guess is you would only need to cut one hole through the tallest baffle, then another just to the right of the skimmer and to the left of the intake slots.

Thanks oddiseus, yeah that was the favourite part of my degree using the CAD software for building renders and animation but im almost finished 1 semester left till graduation, thank god no i will miss being a student.

anyway im just going to use one pump as the max flow you can get out of it is 260GPH so think thats actually plenty for the size of tank. I got a bit confused and didnt think they were powerfull enough, so have just ordered one i also ordered my Tunze DOC nano skimmer.

I was planning on plumbing a line over to the right side for a spread of flow was just being lazy in the CAD drawing.

Finally Got my equipment apart from the lighting Got my Tunze DOC nano skimmer and eheim compact pump got a blue bit of acrylic aswell instead of the black but despite ordering a darker blue i got a light blue but its growing on me also waiting on the glass baffles then i can start building the tank some time next week.

marine_log_20.jpg

marine_log_21.jpg

marine_log_22.jpg

marine_log_23.jpg

I need help trying to find a 70w metal halide ballast which is compatible with the UK 220V 240V

Thanks

sweet skimmer. Ive been trying to help you with the whole uk voltage thing but there are just ones for 120v. srry. Looks like another great start!!=)

Steve

great looking set up . a little advice to keeep it from falling apart, put the trim back on or make a glass euro brace(never seen one on a 10 gallon before) it keeps the preasure from the water from pushing the glass panels apart. its a slow process over time the silcone will give and the panels will seperate. theres a couple threads a few months old where some people had the same prob one was a 10 and the other was a fairly larger tank

Wow! that joker is nice. i dig the cad drawings. i wish i had your skills. good luck im subscribed and cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks Fishes for having a look ive been trawling through pages upon pages of ebay and google to no avail. I will keep going though as i do want to get MH as ive read alot about people initially setting up with PC's then getting MH so i would rather spend the wasted money on PC's and get decent MH.

Timothy i was planning on putting some fillets in each corner and a length of glass along the front. Despite this the black trim was not actually siliconed to the glass and only supported the front and back pane which did not have and load bearing capacity on the side panes as there was no contact with the trim. However it would be a different story if the trim was a complete unit and covered all four walls but in this case the trim was merely to cover the glass support rails for lighting and canopy and clips on rather thean siliconed on.

The only way i can think of it supporting the blass is from making the glass bow out a pop but i will be putting glass supports regardless.

Thanks cb9tunerguy for the comments

Ash

Well i have found the icecap ballast on their web site but cant find it in any stores that stock the 70W MH ballast, going to keep looking as icecap is the only ballast i have found which is Universal voltage: 85v to 265V, so far. here it is on the icecap site IceCap 70w MH Ballast

marine_log_27.jpg

If anyone knows where to get one let me know

Thanks

Ash

Back