my 24g jbj nano

lotsoftats

hey guys and gals since randy was kind enough to come over to our site and register and give some advice on our hopefully to be frag swap in ky. I thought I would post up some pics of my new nano.

completely stock 24g nanocube not much to look at yet but i'm on the trail of a 250w mh for it and some more lr rubble to build up the aquascape. it's main purpose will be for zoas and rics but with the 250w halide if the deal comes thru I may add a few simple sps to the mix and up the flow in there. so here it is

day one:
24gnanocube001.jpg

I didn't like the way the rock was so i took out all the big pieces and left just the one smaller piece with the feather duster attached.
24gnanocube009.jpg

here are some frags I have in the tank.Oh! just so everybody knows the tank was completely setup with existing sand and water so no cycle was involved.
24gnanocube013.jpg

24gnanocube003.jpg

24gnanocube004.jpg

post all your comments and any improvments you may have. also plz come over to our site and post up pics of your tanks.

thanks (mike)
Biggin on the KRS site

Mike~ Looks like you've got that thing packed... :) Do you just use the HOT filter for mechanical filtration every now and then???

I used to have a 150w Sunpod over my 24g Aquapod and it was more than enough light even for SPS and clams... 250w might be overkill unless you're planning on upgrading your tank in the future...

Thanks for sharing!!! Tank looks great... :D

I'll take some pics of my 40g tomorrow and get them posted...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12247298#post12247298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ct_vol
Mike~ Looks like you've got that thing packed... :) Do you just use the HOT filter for mechanical filtration every now and then???

I used to have a 150w Sunpod over my 24g Aquapod and it was more than enough light even for SPS and clams... 250w might be overkill unless you're planning on upgrading your tank in the future...

Thanks for sharing!!! Tank looks great... :D

I'll take some pics of my 40g tomorrow and get them posted...

yeah 250 may be overkill but for the price i can't pass it up. and the hot filter was just to help clear up the water after setup. but since you mentioned it I may use that every now and then for carbon. i hadn't thought of that. thanks randy. I just traded a 20L for some small live rock and I also got his water change water to cure some more live rock for this tank. should be around 30lbs when i'm done. i am trying to figure a way to tie 2 mj 1200 together and have them both for the return. I think i have figured it out. if it works i will post up some pics.

What are you needing return pumps for??? I'm not sure I'm understanding why you're wanting to "tie them together"???

Is this for a sump or are you just wanting additional flow in your aquarium???

additional flow.

do you think the one mj 1200 that i'm using for the return is enough? this will be mostly zoos and rics.

also what type of zoo's do you have in the 120 you are taking down? if you are willing to ship them i might be interested in some.

OHHHHH... Now I know what you are talking about... I forgot we were dealing with a "nano" and you have that little area in the back... I don't really count that as a "sump" so I was confused when you were talking about a return pump... I'll take some pics of the mod I did to my Aquapod and post them on here... I don't know if the Nanocube has the same amount of space, but new ideas never hurt... :)

Are there any zoas you are looking for in particular??? I don't care to ship them, but it costs between $35 to $60 for overnight depending upon the carrier... I have accounts with UPS and FedEx, but USPS is always the cheapest... If you're coming to our swap, I can put something together for you, unless you don't want to wait??? PM me with the zoas/palys you're looking for and we'll see what I can't put together...

Back